Fokker Dr. I my red Ferrari Eduard 1/48

Hello, 

So here she is, nothing fancy I know. The most boring scheme ever, I know. The most boring aircraft of the Great War, I KNOW but still wanted to have one...

Painted with Tamiya XF7 and artistic oils etc. 
HFgDrIe.jpg

E6XVyQZ.jpg

ePkxZXU.jpg

zzTaeMV.jpg

9yTnOGc.jpg

B9yz9pX.jpg

QdITPnY.jpg

qjif0w6.jpg

Y9VIFQq.jpg

HQsN3S1.jpg

BeNqM5T.jpg

pSA8wgM.jpg

skNKxuk.jpg

CVztrXG.jpg

id39N1M.jpg

nrvEaQj.jpg

CiYhxS8.jpg

CNkWKcD.jpg

Edited by Xmald
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 1

RESPLENDENT and absolutely STUNNING.

She looks MAGNIFICENT and the RED BARON would even like it!

Super workmanship.

Liking the photos. The black and white photographs  look quite authentic.

Good Job.:clap::mike:

• Like 1

I'm with Smithy. It's a very accomplished model of one of MvR's famous Tripes. Love 'em but would like to know which kit you used - Eduard 1/48 or smaller? - Paul

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind words gentlemen! I've updated the information on the model - it's Eduard's 1/48 kit. I've used some parts from the profipack release but in general this is. The weekend edition. Some parts are from the spares box and others are built from scratch. 

This looks amazing, the Dr1 is not a big aircraft at the best of times- let alone in miniature- even in 1/48th scale! But I must agree your finish is superb. I don't model WW1 aircraft very often, but the Dr1 is on my to do list at some time. But your build is a real gem. Thank you for sharing.

Frustratingly, the Baron's aircraft's colour scheme has been controversial in that for many years expert argument has raged as to whether it was all red or not- and I still don't even know now, if there is a general consensus of agreement to what is right or not. The two main depictions seem to be either all red or red with part of the fuselage painted in a green wash.

So it's really  up to the individual to make their own interpretation . Please don't take my comment as a criticism- it isn't - I'm just adding a little trivia which is a trait of mine😏 - and enjoying looking at your finished model.👍

• Like 1

On 13/03/2018 at 8:18 AM, Smithy said:

I had to bump this thread.

It's criminal that a build this good with such an excellent paint job has a meagre 14 likes.

I've just taken it to 26- now let's see a few more😏

• Like 2

On 03/10/2018 at 7:20 AM, Xmald said:

So here she is, nothing fancy I know. The most boring scheme ever, I know. The most boring aircraft of the Great War, I KNOW but still wanted to have one...

Look at it this way:

Were the same 'boring' kite to be spotted by any poor BE2c or 'Harry Tate' pilot over the Front...I doubt the reaction would have included yawns of tedium.... (More like the abrupt 'clenching' of certain nether bits; one might hear the 'snap' over the roar of the Le Rhone....)

SUPERB re-creation, and a credit to any collection! Thanks for posting it for us to enjoy.

• Like 1