This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

zebra

Charley says...

...don't drink and model!

Airbrushing session after a couple of glasses of wine ended early when I dropped the paint jar, spilling paint all over my shirt. 

Lessons learned from this:

1. Don't wear good clothes for modelling. If in doubt, consider not wearing any clothes.

2. Always buy two jars of each colour.

3. Don't drink and model!

Any other public service announcements that Charley the cat* should be making?

*For those of a non-British persuasion or the wrong age, a cartoon cat used for public service announcements along the lines of 'don't go off with strangers' on kids' TV in the 70s and 80s and heavily sampled by The Prodigy a decade or so later.

If you must drink whilst painting, especially with a hairy stick, don’t put your wine glass next to your thinners jar.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, zebra said:

1. Don't wear good clothes for modelling. If in doubt, consider not wearing any clothes.

A rather frightening mental image :)

Edited by Richard E

I quite often enjoy a drink whilst modelling, but years of practice and spending an incredible amount of ‘beer tokens’ have left me with somewhat of an immunity to the effects.

It does however remind me of an ill-spent time at Art College. We would pop to the local drinking establishment at lunch time and quaff a few. In the afternoon, the tutors would comment on how much more expressive we were!:whistle:

7ESYN0G.jpg

Charlie says “Never tell your missus how much you’re spending on plastic toy aeroplanes”

Mart

Charley says:

QxWeg0A.gif

Don't pick your nose after playing with superglue.

nose+picking.jpg

(how many of you rubbed your nose?)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, stever219 said:

If you must drink whilst painting, especially with a hairy stick, don’t put your wine glass next to your thinners jar.

That's easy just drink red instead of white (or out the bottle)....

Edited by Vince1159

17 hours ago, zebra said:

1. Don't wear good clothes for modelling. If in doubt, consider not wearing any clothes

Admit it some of us probably have done this. 😉

17 hours ago, Richard E said:
17 hours ago, zebra said:

A rather frightening mental image :)

True but note my words above. Then ask this question “Whos really going to see us ? We build models”? 

My brother had a theory that decorating was best carried out in the nude as it was easier to shower etc. than wash clothes. I did point that wearing old clothes was another option, but he is a bit weird, took part in those mass nude photography events in the 90's. He even did one in Newcastle (!). 

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

True but note my words above. Then ask this question “Whos really going to see us ? We build models”? 

Windows work both ways.....

11 hours ago, Mr T said:

My brother had a theory that decorating was best carried out in the nude as it was easier to shower etc. than wash clothes.

mental image of him painting the soffits & fascia's :o 

Carley says dont blow you nose on a tissue you have just used to clean up superglue.

Guess how I know this................

Posted (edited)
On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, Tzulscha said:

Charley says:

QxWeg0A.gif

Don't pick your nose after playing with superglue.

nose+picking.jpg

(how many of you rubbed your nose?)

That one applies after cooking with fresh chillies as well.  (Sorry, thread drift . . .)

Edited by Dave Batt
gramer & spelin

4 hours ago, Julien said:

Carley says dont blow you nose on a tissue you have just used to clean up superglue.

If anyone on here has the animation skills, I'd like to see this one as a Charley Says cartoon!

I find that I do some of my best modelling with a drink or three at hand. However, I do agree about the old clothes bit when airbrushing, in fact I have been known to paint starkers in the early hours of the morning.

Absolutely right about having more than jar of a colour to hand.

Martian, Finding it a bit nippy airbrushing at this time of year.

21 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I have been known to paint starkers in the early hours of the morning.

Be very careful Matey.  Some of these solvents can sting a bit if you have to remove any overspray.

At least in the winter it won't take up as much Tamiya tape to cover the areas you want left in a natural finish.  :rofl2:

1 hour ago, stringbag said:

Be very careful Matey.  Some of these solvents can sting a bit if you have to remove any overspray.

At least in the winter it won't take up as much Tamiya tape to cover the areas you want left in a natural finish.  :rofl2:

I get into less trouble if I get paint on myself rather than clothes and its way less painful than the bluglecruncheoning I get from the Martianess.

Martian 

31 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I get into less trouble if I get paint on myself rather than clothes and its way less painful than the bluglecruncheoning I get from the Martianess.

Martian 

I know exactly what you mean.

Chris.