Hi-yer , v.v.v.nice looking model and the base is fantastic :D though I do have an issue with you first set of photo`s ................ I`d have loved all of your paint sets and surrounding work space to be represented by the down wash of the rotors - all of the paints in a scattered position :P.  Having joined the RAF in 1989 whilst I was at RAF Brawdy I volunteered for some `wet winch lifting` ie helping the resident SAR Sqn hone their fantastic skills, my first experience of a Seaking  was being ejected out of said beast at 50 ft above the water with my dingy. Having been  practiced rescued many times it was such fun. ^_^ 

• Thanks 1

Hi there,

Stunning diorama. Finished into perfection

My highest compliments. Orion / The Netherlands

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't seen this topic and, having noticed you weren't updating the WIP anymore , I searched and finally found it.

It's absolutely great!!!

And I like the pose, which makes it more dinamic!!!

Well done!!!

And now?

Have you already started a new project?

• Thanks 1

That's a stunning looking model.  The base is superb as well -  a really great rendition.  I miss 771's Sea Kings.  They used to fly over my house quite regularly.  I'd quite like one of their HU.5s in my collection.  I'll check your WIP to see how you did the radome.  

• Thanks 1

Thank you chaps, 

I used a radome from the Revell kit which was cut down and modified to fit the Airfix kit , not a big job at all :D

Next project is underway, it an AFV I’m afraid but something that has a lot of meaning to me 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235035014-fv436-conversion/&

Cheers all for the great feedback 

Dan 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lovely finished article, I loved it so much in fact I got parts and pieces to make my own, if not in hover, certainly the same colours!

Cheers

Harald.

• Thanks 1

Having flown that exact Sea King on and off for several years and on several rescues (well, the exact one the model depicts!) It's absolutely wonderful to see such amazing attention to detail so painstakingly carried out. Whst a wonderful tribute to such a fine aircraft. I'm sure I'm speaking on behalf of a good few who flew with the call sign of Rescue 193 when I offer sincere and heart felt thanks for this masterpiece. 

• Thanks 1

On 16/05/2018 at 23:10, Winnie said:

Lovely finished article, I loved it so much in fact I got parts and pieces to make my own, if not in hover, certainly the same colours!

Cheers

Harald.

14 hours ago, wafu_vasco said:

Having flown that exact Sea King on and off for several years and on several rescues (well, the exact one the model depicts!) It's absolutely wonderful to see such amazing attention to detail so painstakingly carried out. Whst a wonderful tribute to such a fine aircraft. I'm sure I'm speaking on behalf of a good few who flew with the call sign of Rescue 193 when I offer sincere and heart felt thanks for this masterpiece. 

Thank you so much chaps,  really chuffed that you enjoyed the finished article, it’s my way of honouring the brave men and women who on a daily basis put their lives at risk so others can live.  Being from Cornwall I used to see these aircraft on a daily basis and now that the type has been retired it feels like the county is missing something. 

I’m going to have a chat with my brother and see if I can get a 771 NAS badge to add to the base. I’m sure he has a spare, he served for a few years on the Sqn and also flew in Rescue 193 on a few occasions. 

I’ve got a Wessex and Whirlwind in the stash which are earmarked for 771 Sqn SAR cabs from Culdrose at some point, they will both get the same level of detail as the HU5.

Regards 

Dan