1/72nd Academy, Liberator GR.III, FL936/V, 160 Sqn, Ceylon & India 1943

Cheers fellas,

7 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Very nice Tony. I assume it's a bit of a tail sitter.

Yes,...just a bit,..... but then it wasn`t exactly unknown for Liberators to have a box or chock or something nestled under the tail skid anyway, especially while loading up,...as seen here,..... so I`m OK with it, especially as the Academy nose gear is quite weak. 

26805472108_3d950267a1_b.jpg

Image result for raf liberator

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 10

41 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Cheers fellas,

Yes,...just a bit,..... but then it wasn`t exactly unknown for Liberators to have a box or chock or something nestled under the tail skid anyway, especially while loading up,...as seen here,..... so I`m OK with it, especially as the Academy nose gear is quite weak. 

Cheers

Tony

Great research Tony.:thumbsup2:  BTW. I hope you didn't take my post as a criticism, it was just that my last build was an absolute pita for tail sitting and I keep thinking about ways to support it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Great research Tony.:thumbsup2:  BTW. I hope you didn't take my post as a criticism, it was just that my last build was an absolute pita for tail sitting and I keep thinking about ways to support it.

Oh no,.....not at all,......  didn`t see it as a criticism mate,..... I was just explaining what I meant. I have tried in the past to add weight into the nose of the Academy Lib but it was so heavy the nose gear kept giving way! 

Cheers

Tony

Yet another TTT (Terrific Tony Tribute!). That’s a smashing Liberator you’ve just completed my friend. You build them so quick that I’d better go back and have a look at the missed WIP thread now. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 2

Your models are always worth a look or two.  You do things with a hairy stick that make us amateur air brushers look like the poor relations.  Great Liberator.

• Like 1

Cheers everybody,....glad you like it! 

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Cracking build and finish Tony,you just don't see enough Liberator's here on BM more's the pity!

Well there will be some more soon,.....just started another and have more planned!!! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tonyot said:

Cheers everybody,....glad you like it! 

Well there will be some more soon,.....just started another and have more planned!!! 

Look forward to that Tony,I'm 99% sure of building the Stirling for the Airfix golden year's GB but "wobbled" when I saw an older boxing of their Liberator

I remember that scheme hanging from the ceiling of a friend's Brother way back it was even painted! We never got that far back then just decal's on and

dogfighting round the living room.

• Like 1

Tony,

A superb build and finish.

I currently have an Academy B-24D in progress. How you achieved that seamless joining of the nose transparency to the front section is beyond me, as are a lot of things in this hobby.

A really fine result.

Michael

• Like 1