Percival Vega Gull and Prentice

Fastcat

For those interested in such matters, following the Gee Bee and Kingcobra, Dora Wings seem set to release a Persival  (sic) Vega Gull and a Proctor in both 1/48 and 1/72 scales.

This could be great news for fans of air racing and record breaking flights as such famous fliers as Beryl Markham, Alex Henshaw, the Mollisons and many others owned Vega Gulls and there are a vast number of civil schemes for both types.

Dora promise some interesting types for the future, including a Bellanca and in 1/72 a new Fairey Delta FD.2. (now wouldn't that be something in 1/48!).

Visit their F/Book page for details.

Apparently there's no UK agent as yet, but I saw them at Telford and the Gee Bee looked pretty decent, although not to my taste.

Nice to see some neglected types being done for a change.

Dave

Ah, found the thread thanks. Rumours are an area I tend to avoid! I hope they're good kits. With the help they've been given in respect of references, the promise is certainly there.

I've recently obtained the Brengun Chester Jeep. Have to say I was quite disappointed with their research and given the availability of two decent sets of drawings and a fair number of photos on the net, it's hard to figure out what went wrong. And it ain't exactly a cheap Jeep!

Dave

The Jeep is one I would be interested in , but it's not my scale.  I wasn't impressed by photos of the finished model showing that they couldn't even get the basic colours correct. Apart from decent plans, there are a number of excellent books on US racing aircraft with many photos and even a slim one on Chester and his planes, so there is no excuse.

• Like 1

No, I can't understand it either. Five minutes work on the internet would show the errors and while they can be corrected, you shouldn't need to do this on a new kit. I'm assuming that they relied upon the reconstruction rather than period photos and the drawings. Hard to see why, I thought Brengun did some good stuff.

Also, they didn't use p/e where they could have used it to good effect, like in the cowling sides for instance.

Although they indicate colours for the minor parts, no indication of the main colours is given, only the picture on the box, which isn't right anyway - can't see why other than that they did minimal research

Very much a missed opportunity. 

Hope Dora show them the way.

Dave

Edited by Fastcat
Brain went one way, fingers went the other.

• 2 weeks later...