Airfix B737-200

bootneck

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your comments.  I suppose I should follow up on all this encouragement by having a go at another airliner. :winkgrin:

Thanks again.

Mike 

The final bits have been done and I have placed the following images in the gallery:

b737-200_airfix_build_37_completed_1.jpg

My photo-lamps, which I use for taking photo's for reviews etc., are broken and so decided to take these photo's outside, using the bright light on such a lovely day.

b737-200_airfix_build_38_completed_2.jpg

Looking at other's displays in the gallery, I can see that there are quite a few areas that I need to improve upon.

b737-200_airfix_build_51_completed.jpg

I think those improvements will come with time, plus perhaps not feeling under pressure to meet a particular deadline.

b737-200_airfix_build_49_completed.jpg

I think I am going to need to start making some airport hardstanding or runway bases for my aircraft.

b737-200_airfix_build_42_completed.jpg

I think I have surprised myself,  in how easily I have taken to building a civilian airliner; something that I had not considered in the previous 62 years of my modelling life!!  I started with an Airfix Spitfire when I was 7.

Thank you again,  for the encouragement; the kind offers of decals; plus all the advice on how to cut; insert and re-shape the cockpit and engines etc.  :clap2:

Mike

• Like 2