Fillet Tail and Metal Elevators for 1/32 Revell P-51 Mustang

Ali62

would you buy this set?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Does this little conversion set interest you

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/03/18 at 23:41

Hi Guys

Another little set that I have been playing with, although it is raised some fairly controversial discussion over on another site I am still thinking of proceeding with it.

The controvesy is not with my parts, but the fact that these few parts do not fully make a late model 'D' Mustang. there are changes also required to the cockpit and a few other small items as well as some discussion about a slightly different canopy.

I have taken a lot of the points on and for my sake I am not too fussed personally about the cockpit changes (instrumentation variation mainly) and I have studied the canopy carefully, mainly against the three canopies offered in the Tamiya kit. To be honest I think that the Revell canopy and that in the Tamiya kit that is offered to cater for the later 'D' Mustangs is very close, and are almost 100% interchangeable. 

So before I finalise a few minor tweaks on the pattern and make production moulds I would like to get a an idea if you guys would be interested at all.

Prices are estimated as follows 4 parts of resin new tail parts and new elevators £7.50, shipping in UK £2.50, shipping elsewhere in the world £4.50.

NOTE as can bee seen these are an exact replica of the kit parts, so are thin shells, and the kit tail wheel assembly fits as per the kit was designed.

AND YES I KNOW Revell will release an updated kit at some time so this is not a set for the long term future, but does my needs until then.

Here are some pictures

IMG_0145

parts sprayed silver one on left has a slight wash just to show detail is close to the Revell detail

IMG_0147

IMG_0148

Edited by Ali62

Thanks Dennis, the poll is not working very well here, but in any event I will tool up one or two moulds to make a few of these sets, I will keep you advised.

Ali

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Dennis and Mungo

Sorry did not see this until now, I had not thought of it as yet, may in a little while, just busy with a few other sets, not necessarily for the Mustang though, well there is one but not sure if it will all cast as I hope, so will advise as and when I know it is working.

cheers Ali