I'm calling this one done. I had major trauma with the decals and the paint underneath is waaaaay too thick but I enjoyed it and learnt a few lessons. 

Anyway here it is.

IMG_5830

IMG_5824IMG_5825

IMG_5826IMG_5827

IMG_5828

IMG_5829

Edited by Roger Newsome
  • Like 23

19 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking Corsair II :thumbsup: ... Normally not the greatest fan of Tigermeet models but this is one of the few exceptions. 

Thank you.

Well.... there's a story behind this choice of scheme. I bought this for less than half price with the intention of painting it in the Greek camo scheme. Being pleased with my myself I proudly showed my wife my bargain heading off the inevitable "What more models, how much was that?"  The next statement took me by surprise, "You have to paint the tiger one." So what could I do? Buy another to do in the usual scheme, so much for a bargain. 

• Like 1

Looks good to me, then again I'm a sucker for an A-7. Just wish I could find a decent one in 1/48 with the correct shape intake...

Great job Roger, saw your proposal in the wip section and hoped you saw it to completion :clap2:

4 hours ago, celt said:

A Corsair with a tiger colour scheme,well tidy mun.:clap2:

Thanks celt.

12 minutes ago, Lovely Pig said:

Looks good to me, then again I'm a sucker for an A-7. Just wish I could find a decent one in 1/48 with the correct shape intake...

Great job Roger, saw your proposal in the wip section and hoped you saw it to completion :clap2:

Thanks Lovely. :winkgrin: Although I look upon aircraft as a sideline to my main hobby of figure painting I have two more Corsairs II's in my stash (the one that I said I would never have because I paint figures and only the occasional plane.) I must admit a 1/48 would be nice and the correct shape intake wouldn't be too much of a worry where I'm at in the hobby at the moment. I can honestly see it going that way though. :D

It.probably says more about me Roger. Returned to the hobby after 30 odd years have been lurking on here for a year or so. I'ver got feet in both camps, do I go with all out accuracy on my builds (as far as resources and my skills allow) or the other camp of "if it looks like like duck..."

Needless to say if I can turn out a build half as good as you have here I'll be more than happy.

All the best

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lovely Pig said:

It.probably says more about me Roger. Returned to the hobby after 30 odd years have been lurking on here for a year or so. I'ver got feet in both camps, do I go with all out accuracy on my builds (as far as resources and my skills allow) or the other camp of "if it looks like like duck..."

Needless to say if I can turn out a build half as good as you have here I'll be more than happy.

All the best

Don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect and admiration for people who really go for accuracy and upgrades when building their models. I love seeing stuff on here that's had "the treatment".

At the moment I'm quite happy plodding along enjoying out of the box builds with the odd aftermarket set here and there. :D

On 3/8/2018 at 4:32 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking Corsair II :thumbsup: ... Normally not the greatest fan of Tigermeet models but this is one of the few exceptions. 

How can you not like Tigermeet?:o (kidding, each to their own)

I have this kit in my stash, and I think you've done a great job.

Here's a wee snap of my Tiger effort. Like yours, decals were "fun".....and I know I have the nav light colours the wrong way round:think:

http://photos.kiwimodeller.com/image/xMOC

Edited by F1xena
trying to link to photo

1 hour ago, F1xena said:

Its not so much a matter of not liking a Tigermeet scheme. I just prefer regular everyday line jets instead of say Tiger-meet, Demonstration Teams (Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Red Arrows), or CAG Birds. That being said of course my Harrier thats almost complete is actually a C.O.’s Show bird. 

lQrjudL.jpg

pjZZO0x.jpg

It just so happened the decals of the standard line harrier i was going to use were no good. So i fell back on a show scheme. But as you say each to there own 😉.

Dennis

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

I’ve not seen one in this scheme before and I’m not fan of the Tigermeet schemes, but this one certainly stands out. Very nicely done. :clap:

Thank you very much. :smile:

9 hours ago, F1xena said:

I have this kit in my stash, and I think you've done a great job.

Here's a wee snap of my Tiger effort. Like yours, decals were "fun".....and I know I have the nav light colours the wrong way round:think:

http://photos.kiwimodeller.com/image/xMOC

Thanks a lot, that's a lovely looking Phantom.

Nav lights! Guess what I've forgotten? :blush: