AFV Club Churchill Mk IV 75mm Gun

On 6/27/2018 at 12:35 AM, longshanks said:

Aside from a padded cell there aught to be some where we could keep micro engineers like you

👍

So pleased to see pics of the hurricane ....

:wow:

Kev

Thanks for looking in Kev and it was nice to see the Hurricane, soon I hope, not much modeling at this time lots to do in the garden (5 acres) plus we bought a house on Vancouver Island so moving October :hmmm:so no more -stupid weather :yahoo:

On 7/20/2018 at 10:50 AM, Kris B said:

Lots of nice details.

Thanks Kris its coming along nicely

3 hours ago, Carius said:

Excellent build for now :clap2:

Thanks Carius glad you like it 

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

Hey Richard,  Vancouver Island is just up the road.  Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwest!  The build is great as usual. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RichO said:

Hey Richard,  Vancouver Island is just up the road.  Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwest!  The build is great as usual. 

So hopefully we could meet up one day :happy:

12 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Awesome!, seriously, when it's finished, it will work, will not ...? ...:D :popcorn:

Cheers Richard :yes:

Work :think:  think not but thanks for looking in Francis :like:

Regards

Richard

Hey there Richard. When you started this I thought that would turn into a good build. 

Boy, was I wrong. With each of your scratch additions , superbly executed, it turns into the real thing. I guess you will be able to at an rc module and have it running. This inside work with the brass profile frame is just gorgeous. 

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/23/2018 at 4:23 AM, Soeren said:

Hey there Richard. When you started this I thought that would turn into a good build. 

Boy, was I wrong. With each of your scratch additions , superbly executed, it turns into the real thing. I guess you will be able to at an rc module and have it running. This inside work with the brass profile frame is just gorgeous. 

Hi Soeren

Thanks for the kind words, its been awhile not done any modeling since my last post everything is in boxes ☹️  due to moving from Alberta to Vancouver Island to retire after 43 years in the steel fabrication business :clap:  

Bought a house with the basement not finished so here are a couple of pic's showing the new model room I am building in its early stages, room size is 37' x 19'-6"  :thumbsup:

X213WI.jpg

Made a bulk head to cover all the piping and installed sub floor so that I am not walking on concrete 

4PDZUa.jpg

Now this has been dry walled

GZ2g8D.jpg

Under the stairs will have a compressor and dust collector

UfWILg.jpg

So until this is finished no modeling for me 

Until next time

Regards

Richard

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Richard.

Wondered why it had gone quiet on the Typhoon & Coles front. Well done on retirement. We never made it to Vancouver island on our Rockies trip last year but thought Vancouver city was great. With scenery like that it is a wonder you ever get any modelling done. I suppose it does get a little cold outside in the winter.

Looking forward to progress on ANY of your models!! :D 

Kirk

• Like 1

just caught back up on this... seeing you were a metal fabricator explains a lot about the insane skill you are showing... making me want to try adding 2x Stuka am Fuss to my baby T-20....

• Like 1

Hi everyone, wow does time fly when you are having fun thanks for all the comments have not been on for a while, but very close to finishing my and my dear wife's hobby room not touch a model since last July 😥

Put some laminate down for the floor (no carpet 🙂) then added some cabinets and a small fridge for the CA glue etc, then added a lot of LED lights

wzG9oD.jpg

qZu89K.jpg

B73vUK.jpg

Put a nice TV in there so that we can watch the hockey games 😂 then started making the frame work to hold the benches

3pR9xN.jpg

Sx7Ysi.jpg

W3pTh0.jpg

Then made the bench frame  out of 1 x 3 Fir, started by joining two pieces and made Tee's for added strength 🏋️‍♂️

NeN1ps.jpg

S3yQco.jpg

ct6p4B.jpg

This is how they turned out

YoIvl5.jpg

TmGlwg.jpg

Then added 3/4" MDF for bench tops

uCwJFT.jpg

After that was done added 1 x 2 Fir all around edges

tfAsCX.jpg

yvPUns.jpg

Next up was then to glue the  Formica onto the MDF and route around edges with 1 1/16 bevel tool

WoVDeB.jpg

wOxyH2.jpg

hwluue.jpg

Painting of the frames are done did not take pictures of that so now just started to put equipment in so next pic's will be of the finish room :yahoo:

Until next time

Regards

Richard

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

wow, just wow what an amazing room. if you were in. the uk i think you could sign up a whole load of britmodellers as customers!! 🙂

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If I had mad skills like you, Richard, I would scratch the rest of the Tank where needed, and have the definitive, world class, museum ready Churchill. Don’t mean to be the little devil on your shoulder, but........ Marty

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks for all your nice comments have got the hobby room all set up and I thought I would finish my ship Bluenose first (did start this one back in 2010) because we live so close to the sea now.

But will be working on the Churchill and Hawker Typhoon at the same time :thumbsup:  

iYeCJF.jpg

isYTIW.jpg

GK4bZL.jpg

lvmuKL.jpg

All for now 

Regards

Richard

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Soeren said:

Wow, that's is just amazing. So you have individual build slots for your models.  And a shared painting area. Fantastic. What is the size of this room in total?

Thanks Soeren, yes can do around three other spaces for soldering, shearing etc size of room is 19'-6" x 37'-0"

2 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Now that's what I call a Man Cave!

Couple of omissions perhaps.

A bed? Kitchen? Fridge?

😉

Kev

Yes it is a man cave I am very lucky to have such a understanding wife :clap:

Regards

Richard