Modelsvit T10-10 Flanker prototype 1/72 scale

Just finished - the excellent 1/72 scale T10-10 Flanker prototype from Modelsvit.......

T10_045.jpg

This really is the best yet from Modelsvit - crisp moulding with nice engraved panel detail, etched brass parts, self adhesive masks - a complete package.

T10_047.jpg

T10_051.jpg

T10_053.jpg

The anti-FOD guard on the nosewheel is realistically done - with a separate wheel and the guard in two halves - unlike the one-piece moulding on some Flanker kits.

Spot the difference - first and latest Flankers - T10-10 and Su-35S........

T10_057.jpg

More photos - build and finished model - here.

WIP thread - here.

Ken

• Like 49

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

Sorry to revive this thread, however, I don't think anyone would mind regarding the subject.

Anyhow, except for some very grainy pictures on a cyrillic forum and the walkaround of the very faded T-10-10 on scalemodels, I would like to find out if there are any other references available regarding the subject. I think some of the Aerofax books by Gordon could maybe be a source? Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, before I forget, Flankerman, you do always make them very nice, hope mine turns out nearly as good as yours!

Greetings!

Thanks for reviving this thread, @128fiddler I missed it first time.

I remember seeing the very poor quality black and white photos (and the artists impression line drawings). of the first Flankers back in the early 1980's. Teasingly released from behind the Iron Curtain. How things have changed since then. Looks like the Flanker has changed quite a bit since those early versions, too. 

Nice model, @Flankerman  

On 12/30/2019 at 11:43 AM, 128fiddler said:

Anyhow, except for some very grainy pictures on a cyrillic forum and the walkaround of the very faded T-10-10 on scalemodels, I would like to find out if there are any other references available regarding the subject.

The T-10-10 is geometrically different from the very first experimental aircraft only by the nose cone with a skirt, a canopy, maybe engine  and the aforementioned camber of fin.

Most complete story T-10 narrated in the book Bedretdinov I. et al. "Fighter Su-27. Pt.1 Beginning story"

1395401927_oblozhka.jpg?itok=a3Z9gBbC

and A.Fomin "Su-27 story fighter":

1000150091.jpg

A good walkaround T-10-1 from Monino  is here:

http://zabmodels.mybb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=571

Photo T-10-10 in service  very little:

T-10-vs-T-10-C.jpg

almost not. 

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark

Hi all,

@Aardvark, at scalemodels.ru there's a walkaround of the actual -10, with 59 detail and overal pictures, but good to see the -1 is equally documented. Then the 2 books you posted, are they solely in Russian/Cyrilic writing or bilangual with English?

@Flankerman, when clicking the link, there's only your built report, but somehow I can't see your pictures from Lugansk, so hopefully... 😉

Also, what colours did you use as somehow the original colours seem to be a bit different to the pre-series Su-27 like in the small picture in Aardvark's post. The metalic nose piece seams also to have a yellowy tone, which I was thinking it could be a result of some sort of chromating or more Titanium? Also that trapezium shape just below the white antenna tip is a rather yellowish tone... looks like primer but on the other had it could like fiberglass dielectrical material. MSv says it's a grey iirc. So could you give your expertise on the colours you used please? 

Thanks y'all!

2 hours ago, 128fiddler said:

when clicking the link, there's only your built report, but somehow I can't see your pictures from Lugansk, so hopefully.

The walkround is at the bottom of the build photos - the link should take you directly there - if not, just scroll down to the bottom...

I used AKAN Su-27 paints on my T10-10......

Ken

1 hour ago, Flankerman said:

The walkround is at the bottom of the build photos - the link should take you directly there - if not, just scroll down to the bottom...

Strange, 

Don't know about others, but directly below your shots of theT-10-10 with the Su-35S it ends. When I click the link it indeed starts at the top of the page... maybe it's me though, i dunno 😉

Greetings