Hasegawa 1:48 Fw 190A-5 "Japanese Army"

My second Fw 190, I was able to not break anything this time, and correct a molding error Hasegawa had made on their right hand fuselage (the area designed to take the mounting tab of the right hand wing has too much plastic, and if it´s not corrected will end up with a step in the right fuselage/wing assembly. I removed plastic with a sandpaper and the Xacto until the fuselage sat flush with the wing).

The decals were of the old Hasegawa style I´ve read so much, of an ivory colour, but they conformed perfectly to the panel lines and over a mottle with too much paint. Next time I won´t add mottling where the decals go. 

38770809510_37d2416298_z.jpg

38770809080_1e226614d0_z.jpg

38770808310_75d70b4e99_z.jpg

38770807250_eb4f06a2a4_z.jpg

38770805700_c28860b183_z.jpg

38770803640_0bb3428ae1_z.jpg

39870346034_906fb90a46_z.jpg

• Like 8

Neat build,  very crisp  paint work, 

but most Luftwaffe types use some mottling,   and the Japanese 190 retained the

German paint

1447940966508.png

there was a thread on this recently

@Antti_K  technique is very well explained,  experiment with an old model,   stippling  the paint on is not hard,  and would really enhance your Luftwaffe builds, which you have been asking  about.

We have at  least one other Argentine member,  @Uncle Uncool  who is also Buenos Aires BTW.

HTH

T

Thanks, somehow I missed the RLM 75 mottling while painting the model (I was guiding myself with my phone).

29 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

there was a thread on this recently

@Antti_K  technique is very well explained,  experiment with an old model,   stippling  the paint on is not hard,  and would really enhance your Luftwaffe builds, which you have been asking  about.

We have at  least one other Argentine member,  @Uncle Uncool  who is also Buenos Aires BTW.

HTH

T

Last week I was looking at that exact same topic, wouldn´t a highly thinned paint leave a blob when dry?
Sadly I didn´t keep my old models, all of them were thrown into the garbage.

Interesting to know that about Uncle Uncool.

9 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Thanks, somehow I missed the RLM 75 mottling while painting the model (I was guiding myself with my phone).

Last week I was looking at that exact same topic, wouldn´t a highly thinned paint leave a blob when dry?
Sadly I didn´t keep my old models, all of them were thrown into the garbage.

Highly thinned paint shouldn't leave a blob,   IIRC you are using Revell acrylics?  

If you don't have any old models,  you can practice on anything that will take model paint the same way a kit does,  food packaging or cheap toys for  example.

Essentially you need to look up methods of stippling paint, it's really  easy

this shows it well,  but you need to have a go and find what works for you with the paint you use.

• Thanks 1

On 05/03/2018 at 21:57, Sturmovik said:

and over a mottle with too much paint. Next time I won´t add mottling where the decals go. 

Nice 190!

To guide yourself while painting, take a photocopy of the decal sheet; then cut out the copied decals and stick them on where they should be.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Uh-huh... :lol: That'd be me. Hi, Troy! How's it going, chap?

16 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Welcome to the forum, Sturmovik! Which part in Buenos Aires are you from? I'm from Capital Federal, in the town of Recoleta.

I've learnt about a handful of other Argies coming to this excellent forum. This site is teeming with such impressive and talented modellers; what is more, top-blokes all of 'em, by the way. Troy's one of my good mates in here. 

Brit aircraft are my all-fave ones, especially, the Avro Vulcan; bedazzled by the beauty of the Beast ever since I was a three-year-old toddler. :wub:

Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1