Breda Ba.88 Lince ; 1/72nd scale

Hello everyone , this model was built from the short run MPM kit that goes together without much trouble and has nice details .  The airplane itself , while attractive , had the unfortunate reputation of being one of the worst from that era. It is said the Italians found them more useful as airfield decoy than in the air .  

Breda

38826042710_c5e3172135_b.jpg

Breda

Breda

39740280975_72bfe7b346_b.jpg

Regards ,
Basu Roy

Edited by Basuroy
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 1

A beautiful work on Breda 88! 

This machine is one of my favourite - still in my stash waiting for a big days of doing her :)

Cheers

J-W. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

Great stuff! The prop blades should be light blue (RLM 65 is a good match) I am eagerly waiting for this one in 48th!

• Like 1

Excellent work on the camouflage!  Perhaps the reason why the Lince didn't work was because it just doesn't look right -  the proportions all seem to be wrong.  Certainly not up to the normal standard of Italian style.

Andrew

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Harold55 said:

What an amazing paint job!  Did you do this freehand or did you use a template of some kind?

Thanks :) ; the paintjob is entirely free hand airbrushing .  A trick I used is after laying down the base (Sand yellow ) paint , I matte coated it before doing the mottles - this helped prevent the thin paint from spidering on the surface .  Of course there is always some overspray and a round of tidying up is required .