1/72 Vickers Vanguard (Gene Hooker vac form)

I had previously posted this model several years ago, but as I was using Photobucket to upload my images, they were unable to be seen, so as there is a forthcoming Welshmodels 1/72 kit on its way I thought I would share some of the photos on here again 

vanguard_14_zpsb94217bd.jpg

vanguard_2_zps36d8f48e.jpg

vanguard_6_zps28cb4a7d.jpg

vanguard_8_zpsee686b1d.jpg

vanguard_9_zps2176dc10.jpg

vickers_vanguard.jpg

• Like 66
  • Thanks 1

I remember your original thread and even WIP with resin casting of engines, am I right?

Beautiful work! You can always replace photos in your old thred in edit mode. I rescued this way more then 200 threads of my archive models.

Regards

J-W

Very impressive! It must be huge in 1/72nd!!  Having been up close to the one at Brooklands I was awestruck at the size of it so in this scale its gotta be big!

52 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Very impressive! It must be huge in 1/72nd!!  Having been up close to the one at Brooklands I was awestruck at the size of it so in this scale its gotta be big!

Just a bit smaller in length than the VC10

As I said in the original thread. I managed to sit in the Captain's chair on the original during a stopover in Dublin Airport one day, just before it retired to Brooklands. Must pay the old girl a visit there one day.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmnnnn.....

Vac you say?

1/72  you say?

not modelling but sorcery I say !:D

Seriously though what a lovely model.  Brought back memories of a student job with BA at Edinburgh in 197..3/45/6.  Cant recall the year now.  It was the old place at Turnhouse.   The Heathrow shuttle was the Trident 3 except for the mid afternoon flight which was the last Vanguard BA used I think.  All the passengers grumbled about it not being a Trident until BA announced it was being withdrawn.  Then there was a rush to get a seat for the last one.  Funny things people! 

Anyway lovely modelling skills there and thanks for showing

• Like 1