This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Excellent! Nice to see the progress.

The new, better detailed one pice rear door arrived back from the resin caster yesterday. Now cleaned up and fitted with the hinges from the kit door. Nice hot weather ideal for spraying too.

145849.jpg  145909.jpg

Posted (edited)

IMG_1527.jpg IMG_1528.jpg

Some slight modification has been done on the roof rack to accommodate the tyre stacks. All the cross bars over the 'tyre valley'[not a technical term but it works for me] have been removed to allow a free space into which to drop the tyres which are cast in blocks of three. I'm now on version 2 of these, the first were solid with a cast-in wheel [the darker primer coated ones] but as you can imagine weight was a big issue. Now they are like a stack of those mints with a hole in the middle with a drop-in wheel rim to each end. I've gone for 15" rims with 4 options of different tyres along with a couple of sets of 13" rims & tyres I had lying around just to see how it held up with the weight. I'm also thinking the tyre stacks would be usefull for dramas too.

The van body was masked and sprayed TS51 Racing Blue yesterday but it isn't quite dark enough. it looks like either trying Tamiya Dark Blue or a custom mix for the Rothmans blue. I know HB does various shades too.

As an aside, my usual image hosting site Dropshots is playing up so I'm giving Postimage.org a try. 

Edited by mbdesignart
typo

Looking good Mark, I too was having problems with Photobucket and am also using Postimages, what a dream, so easy to use...

Colin

Tyres look really good - Do I see some SP61's in amongst them?

After initially using the wrong blue I ordered a can of Porsche Dalmation Blue 329 and I'm pleased with the result. Slight issue with some adhesive residue being left on the model from the Washi tape I used as a fill-in mask, it must have reacted with the solvent in the paint. Next up, after this has been left a few days to harden, is masking to spray the window surrounds and rear arches. 

.IMG_1529.jpg

That looks superb

Roger

There is some incredible work going on here.

Nice paint. Looking forward to more, please.

This afternoon, in a commercial yard off the A15 this afternoon, I think this truck is what I saw...

DKvkn_tX0AAbSzw.jpg

Posted (edited)

Yes dear Frank Williams, I've spoken to him many times whilst on Air Traffic Control at Silverstone, both before and after the accident, great man. But the team is going through some tough times at present.

Oh the build is going very well too. You must have spent a fortune on wheels & tyres for this one!

Edited by PatW

Thanks all for the comments and feedback, this build is going a bit slower than I had hoped.

Pete, don't tell me that is the only photo you took? Next time do a whole walkaround.

PatW, fortunately I'm at the sharp end of wheel & tyre production and those are either test shots or cast offs. I hate to think what truck modellers spend on multi-axle trailer units, or rivet counters on every type of Spitfire, but each to his own area of the hobby - it keeps us quiet 😁

I found the picture on line. Google ISO Marlboro.

I only had a quick glimpse of the truck as I drove past before it was obscured by

vegetation and fences. I caught the name though and it intrigued me.

Pete, Shame there is no image of the front of the transporter, it would have made an interesting build.

Another tiring 🙄 day on the rally service van, tyre stacks and rims painted and assembled. The chassis and cab interior is all done bar a couple of decals to be applied to the dash, I'll upload some images once my camera battery has been recharged. 

tstack.jpg

Trackfull.jpg