Renault FT (Meng, 1/35 scale)

ftbannerBW.jpg

Renault FT in 1/35 scale by Meng-Model. The only changes to the kit are the use of metal chain and tool straps made with Tamiya tape to replace the photo etch ones provided in the kit. Finished in Vallejo Model Air (ugh...) and Tamiya acrylics; AK Interactive and Ammo of Mig enamels; and Ammo of Mig and Secret Weapon Miniatures pigments.

As a whole, I think this kit turned out pretty good and I would place it as one of my better kits, which is funny because I started this kit almost a year ago and put it aside after I painted the camouflage because I was really unhappy with how it turned out. That being said, the strengths are the washes, oil paint rendering, the chipping, and the metal chain on the unditching tail. The weakness are the pigment effects and the camo paint. I'm not satisfied with the dirt effects (mainly on the tracks themselves) even though I think it's a step up from my previous efforts.

I decided against using the kit-supplied base, as cool as it is, for a couple of reasons. It's a little too dramatic for my tastes and it's going to take more work than I'm willing to do to make it good. I'll probably swing by the craft store and grab a small wood plaque or picture frame and use it to build a little base to have the tank look like it's trundling down a dirt road on the Western Front.

Comments and criticism is welcomed as always!

FT1wm.jpg

FT2wm.jpg

FT3wm.jpg

FT4wm.jpg

FT5wm.jpg

FT6wm.jpg

FT7wm.jpg

Edited by ScootyPuffJunior
Formating
  • Like 13

I really like this one! The paint finish and effects are superb. A very neat little FT. Might have a go at one of these myself some day soon. A second M41 and an M32 to finish yet!

Cheers

Terry

• Like 1

Great build and paint scheme on the F1,it must be small in this scale,I have a 1/16 on the bench to build and I thought it was small,Love the nice clear pics on your model,can only wish mine will turn out as good,Cheers.

• Like 1

He's back, and another great model.

I very much like this camo rather than the silly clown-like camo I've seen on some of these little buggers.  Looks

a lot more natural to these old eyes.  Great job on the chipping and weathering, looks used but not beat to crap.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1