Eduard BF 109 kits

maudesman

Hello all.....

A question if it has not already been asked.... I have aquired a Eduard combo kit recently. Obviously there will be a few spares from the kit, can these be used on other brands of the 109? I.E Revell etc? Instead of the parts living their lives forever in a spares box... :-)

Mark

It is limited only by your own ability to make said parts work.  Some will be drop-fit replacements, others might require some modification of either part or "receiving area" of the other kit.  A few might not really work well at all.

Yes and no ...I agree with gingerbob though. It all depends you obviously wouldn't want to use a late war 109g/k air scoop & sand filter on an early war 109 ? It all depends on what parts are spare and what kits you plan on using them with ? Unless of course you are building Whifs (what-ifs) ? Than anything goes. 

Cheers chaps.... I was just thinking of using them on other makes of late 109's.... I.E the Revell or Academy kits...

Mark

On 4/3/2018 at 11:22, maudesman said:

I have aquired a Eduard combo kit recently

which combo kit?   

I did ask on here and Hyperscale agaes ago what the various parts in the box were,  specifically the different props, without a clear answer.

I was wondering if the early slim prop was the same as the E model,  and could be used to replace the skinny Airfix one.... must check that myself...if I remember.

3 hours ago, maudesman said:

I was just thinking of using them on other makes of late 109's.... I.E the Revell or Academy kits...

which bits were you thinking?   From this I presume you have an F or G combo?  

one small point,  you might get better responses by using 'edit' and then 'full edit'  to change the thread from Eduard Bf109 kits, which does not show what you are asking at a glance, to  'uses of spare parts in the Eduard Bf 109G kit'   for example,   as it is then clear when looking at the whole page what the thread is about.

My kits not to hand but a list of swapsies would be worth having.

cheers

T

Hi, Maudesman,

Both the REvell G-10 and the Academy (Hobbycraft) G-6/14 would benefit of almost any piece that may fit. For instance, the windscreen in both is particularly bad designed, with the sprue gate so close to the windscreen that it is impossible to get it clean, and a front panel a bit short. Replacing it would improve the look (I have done it with Hasegawa's). Wheels, propellers, gun muzzles, canopies, will also do good to the model. An extra rudder may allow you to display it deflected. Possibly the only piece I wouldn't advise replacing is the exhaust!

FErnando