Revell 1/48 f-15e

Richwade

Hi all I’m nearly finished on my tamiya tomcat (see in ready for inspection soon) and like the look of the Revell f-15e for my next build to sit next to the cat, only trouble is I can’t buy one from anywhere and I mean ANYWHERE! Amazon has one for £95!! Which is completely ott! Have I missed something or is it so popular it’s sold out all over the world! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be patient. Keep looking for one, and if you don't find one at a price you're wiling to pay, then wait for Revell to re-release it. I'm sure they will at some point. That's been their modus operandi for some time. Not all kits are in production all the time… :cheers:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phantome said:

There is this thing called eBay... :whistle:

Yes have looked on eBay and the only sellers are in the USA and demand very high prices I don’t mind paying a bit but 4x the price plus tax no thanks lol

19 minutes ago, Don McIntyre said:

I'd be patient. Keep looking for one, and if you don't find one at a price you're wiling to pay, then wait for Revell to re-release it. I'm sure they will at some point. That's been their modus operandi for some time. Not all kits are in production all the time… :cheers:

Yeah that’s pretty much what I figured it’s a shame cause looks like a great kit but I have a tornado in the stash so that will have to do for now, cheers

3 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

I see so the one with bombs is an updated version of the other kit? That’s perfect mate thanks for taking the time to find them I’ll get busy ordering 

Edited by Richwade
Forgot to type

Yes mate, the latest boxing comes with some bombs and more up to date decals, both of which can be easily picked up from aftermarket sources. The rest of the kit is the same as the ones linked above, whether its the RG or RM boxing.

If you can source a relatively cheap Academy 'Iraqi Freedom' boxing, you can pinch all the updated parts (antennae, Sniper pod etc) and ordnance from that kit. That's what i've done on my last build - here if you're interested.

7 hours ago, Richwade said:

Yes have looked on eBay and the only sellers are in the USA and demand very high prices I don’t mind paying a bit but 4x the price plus tax no thanks lol

I did a quick search before my initial comment and there were plenty of UK sellers offering it at around £25-30. Hence my surprise that you said you couldn't find it "anywhere".

3 minutes ago, Phantome said:

I did a quick search before my initial comment and there were plenty of UK sellers offering it at around £25-30. Hence my surprise that you said you couldn't find it "anywhere".

Sorry I wasn’t very clear with which kit I was referring to it’s the 04891 kit I was after the one with bombs, but as I’ve been told by Dave the other kit is the same only missing a few weapons and smaller parts which can be rectified with aftermarket parts so looks like that’s going to be the way to go, thanks for looking though mate 

Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread...I just managed to score the 04550 F-15E kit for about £15, it was on my radar so I couldn't say no at that price. I wanted to ask if any F-15 enthusiasts on the forum could advise if and how a mudhen could be converted to a JASDF F-15J without too much difficulty? Or would it be advisable to use another kit and save a lot of time? Thanks guys....

Update - kind of answered my own question, which led me to another; which kit would be the best to make an F-15J? I see Hasegawa has released a few but they're all well beyond my budget....

Edited by Launchpad
Updated

On 8.3.2018 at 5:24 PM, Launchpad said:

Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread...I just managed to score the 04550 F-15E kit for about £15, it was on my radar so I couldn't say no at that price. I wanted to ask if any F-15 enthusiasts on the forum could advise if and how a mudhen could be converted to a JASDF F-15J without too much difficulty? Or would it be advisable to use another kit and save a lot of time? Thanks guys....

Update - kind of answered my own question, which led me to another; which kit would be the best to make an F-15J? I see Hasegawa has released a few but they're all well beyond my budget....

You can do a DJ from the kit if you do not some inaccuracies