1/24 Revell Audi R8 GT

Hi there this is another build I’ve finished recently, Revell’s 1/24 Audi R8. This one was a lengthy build, because due to house renovations I didn’t do any building between July and November. I started this car in June 2017 and finished it in Jan 2018.
This kit isn’t Revell’s greatest offerings and required a fair bit of work, I could go on and on about the repairs I had to do to the shell.
Anyway I hope you all like it. Cheers

Kit :- 1/24 Revell Audi R8
Paint Exterior:- Zero Paints Lamborghini Blu Caelum, Zero Paints 2K Diamond Finish Clear Coat.
Paint Interior:- Tamiya and Vallejo Acrylics
Upgrades and Alterations:- Both side blades extended. Suspension lowered. Homemade front spitter. Various items covered in Scale Motorsport Carbon Fibre Decals. Aoshima Advan GT Wheels and Tyres. Hobby Design rear spoiler and real metal decals.

J9qIKGh.jpg  

AN42KOi.jpg  

7l0fyeq.jpg  

222ZvGN.jpg  

yoWVNPW.jpg  

sRImr2j.jpg

mHa29Pp.jpg  

0pT0fRg.jpg  

lsDMoLG.jpg  

uUClp7g.jpg  

Amc9hPj.jpg  

1yuKJvG.jpg  

SkXIeH4.jpg  

mWkyjLi.jpg  

2e25qTf.jpg  

uhXH6im.jpg  

• Like 13

That is simply stunning!

That is the kind of finish I aspire to.

For some strange reason, I have seen two of these, and coupe and a cabriolet on my rather middle-class housing estate.

Best wishes, Alan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

that's a really great result. All modifications have been done to a great effect. In terms of painting, your model shows why using ZP basecoats and 2k clear are the perfect way to go for top results on modern cars. :yes:

However, I think that one small detail has not been considered. The Audi R8 GT is a high performance version of the R8 V10 and hence only available with the V10 engine. Your model shows the V8 engine that comes with the regular Revell R8 kit.

Any chance of making modifications to the engine cover and engine "labeling" at this stage?

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2018 at 3:32 PM, Tommy124 said:

Hi there,

that's a really great result. All modifications have been done to a great effect. In terms of painting, your model shows why using ZP basecoats and 2k clear are the perfect way to go for top results on modern cars. :yes:

However, I think that one small detail has not been considered. The Audi R8 GT is a high performance version of the R8 V10 and hence only available with the V10 engine. Your model shows the V8 engine that comes with the regular Revell R8 kit.

Any chance of making modifications to the engine cover and engine "labeling" at this stage?

Hi there I know the kit only came with a V8. I honestly didn’t know Audi did a real R8 GT road car, thus this was never intended to be a copy of a real Audi R8 GT. If it was going by images I’ve looked at on the net, the body shape, side blades, interior seats,rear wing, wheels, front splitter etc etc all wrong.

Like most custom models, it’s my interpretation of how I’d like a R8 GT to look like, so as I have said it was never ever intended to be a reproduction of the R8 GT V10.

Edited by Flipper