1/24 Tamiya Ferrari LaFerrari in Nardo Grey

Hi there folks this is the 2nd of 3 Tamiya Ferrari LaFerrari’s I’ve built to date.
This car was originally going to be painted in Ferrari Giallo Modena (yellow), but a late change of minds from myself and my nephew saw it painted in Audi Nardo Grey. The car now belongs to my nephew.
I know this colour will most certainly devide opinion, but myself and my nephew like it as it’s certainly different.
Anyway thanks for looking cheers.

Kit :- 1/24 Tamiya Ferrari LaFerrari 
Paint Exterior:- Zero Paints Audi Nardo Grey, with Ferrari Giallo Modena Pin Stripe. Zero Paints 2K Diamond Finish Clear Coat.
Paint Interior:- Tamiya and Vallejo Acrylics
Upgrades:- Tamiya Carbon Kit, Carbon Decals from Scale Motorsport, Wheel Valves from Hobby Design  [HXqF8AB]

[EPoOX3l]

[LhsEsHS]  

[g2LeNIo]  

[RKqdRWp]  

[uQhpNWf]  

[7WRw0sA]  

[7vfSvhP]  

[kEjVUnK]  

[P1blUrq]

[Fd8nptF]  

[FoiX4Vh]  

[iQurAOI]  

[zI1JNCO]

[KVuPnCo]

• Like 17

Awesome!

Too many Ferraris are seen in red or yellow. I'm guilty on that one as well!

That colour really stands out. Maybe we should all be a bit more adventurous when we chose the colours for our projects.

Best wishes, Alan.

• Like 2

massive congrats on this came out lovely, Iv had this one in my stash for two years but i always still im a bit of a novice for this build but have decided now my qulaity getting better to start this one next! 

always takeing reference photos as the detail on this is amazing.... is the carbon fibre the High def from scale motorsport or standard weave?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Flipper said:

but myself and my nephew like it

You can add me to that list too - stunning colour and a cracking paintjob - & the yellow accents are perfect!

And unlike Schwarz-Brot I absolutely hate matt cars so really like the glorious shine you've got on her!

Top job!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 04/03/2018 at 1:18 PM, lawes87 said:

massive congrats on this came out lovely, Iv had this one in my stash for two years but i always still im a bit of a novice for this build but have decided now my qulaity getting better to start this one next! 

always takeing reference photos as the detail on this is amazing.... is the carbon fibre the High def from scale motorsport or standard weave?

Cheers for all the comments folks, it’s very much appreciated.

Lawes87, the carbon decal on the roof is Scale Motorsport’s Hi Def weave in 1/20 Scale. The rest of the carbon is from Tamiya’s own carbon decal kit for the LaFerrari.

Excellent job - love that yellow accent. Superb work on the carbon.

It could be mistaken easily for studio shots of the real thing!

Nice job!

• Like 1

A superb build, the paint job is first rate, I like the contrasting yellow pin stripe, the carbon decal work is great too.

Personally, I think a darker grey would work better with the dark wheels and yellow pin stripe, but I still think it's a great looking La Ferrari, and I'm glad you're nephew likes it and gets to keep it!

Looking forward to seeing the third build!

Rich

Just out of curiosity: where can this ZP colour Audi Nardo Grey be purchased? No problem to find lots of images with cars painted in it on the web, but it cannot be found at Hiroboy, Spotmodel etc. Or has this been mixed by ZP on demand?

Edited by Tommy124
  • Like 1

On 19/03/2018 at 3:27 PM, Tommy124 said:

Just out of curiosity: where can this ZP colour Audi Nardo Grey be purchased? No problem to find lots of images with cars painted in it on the web, but it cannot be found at Hiroboy, Spotmodel etc. Or has this been mixed by ZP on demand?

It was mixed by Steve at Hiroboy on demand. I asked him to mix it up for me.

• 5 months later...