Airfix Meatbox F.8

Hi All 

Here is my Airfix 1:48 Gloster Meteor F.8 

I decided early on in the build that I wanted to do a Syrian Air Force example so obtained XtraDecal sheet X48158 Gloster Meteor F.8 Collection Pt1. I also used Eduard Brassin wheel set (ED648272) and Eduard cockpit set (EDFE765) and Eduard masking set (EDEX498). I used Tamiya paints throughout, XF-59 Desert Yellow XF-26 Deep Green for the upper side camo and XF-18 Medium Blue for the underside.

I’m really pleased how this has turned out having tried new techniques which I picked up by watching YouTube ie preshading, lightening the base colours to give the effect of sun bleaching I also used Humbrols weathering powders also I used Windsor and Newtons Gloss and Matt Varnishes both thinned 50/50 with Tamiya X-20 Thinners.

Many Thanks 

Gloster Meteor F.8 Syrian Air ForceGloster Meteor F.8 Syrian Air ForceGloster Meteor F.8 Syrian Air ForceGloster Meteor F.8 Syrian Air ForceGloster Meteor F.8 Syrian Air ForceGloster Meteor F.8 Syrian Air ForceGloster Meteor F.8 Syrian Air ForceGloster Meteor F.8 Syrian Air Force

41145198250_80ceb05141_b.jpg

Edited by Spitfire madman
Added photo from model competition
  • Like 39

Well I've seen this today in the plastic so to speak, it's absolutely brilliant and the photos here don't do it justice. Great modelling and subject.

steve.

• Thanks 1

Great subject and an even better colour scheme !. I'm a great fan of the RAF Meteors in all those marvelous squadron markings but its really nice to see some alternatives every now and again. You have really nailed it with the weathering and fading on this Syrian example......great to see !

Well done, Sir ! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I'm with Calum that it is nice to see a Meteor in colours other than overall silver, and Syrian Meteors aren't often modelled.  Salisbury IPMS have it about right too, highly commended.

• Like 1