1/350 K'Tinga

On 3/2/2018 at 1:21 AM, Neil Lambess said:

Excellent choice .....hope we get a same scale V'ger cloud (for diorama settings :))

And what country are you going to buy for the room to display it? :wink::D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

After the Klingon Bird of Prey and voyager this is my third favourite star trek ship!

I will be getting this one in 1/350!

The detail looks superb.

Edited by Loach

• 4 months later...

This is the same Moulding as the Nice N Model resin kit. Steve told me he was working with Round 2 to release the injection moulding version.

Also a good thing really as I’ve built the resin version and the new offering looks to be more accurate with crisper detailing too.

A lot more wallet friendly too. As the resin will set you back £300 + shipping and customs charges.

Only snag is that Steve halved his actual Studio model offering and labelled it 1/350 scale. A big debate on this but at 350m long according to the research this Ktinga is actual more like 1/537. 

Klingon KTingas are longer thAn the Enterprise 1701/1701A (305m) if you don’t believe me? Have a good look on the web and watch the Undiscoverd Country.

the KTinga’s & D7’s have 2 decks on the head unit. 1/350scale at 24” depicts a single deck so the Klingons can view at foot level or a thin slot above eye level.

1/537 @ 24” measures out to have 2 decks in height. So as you’d come to expect 2 rows of windows.

if you want a 1/350 Klingon to go with the Enterprise. Than the 1/350 Bird of Prey seems correct scale comparison.

my 200 pennies worth.

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2018 at 10:57 AM, Silverstone 2 said:

This is the same Moulding as the Nice N Model resin kit. Steve told me he was working with Round 2 to release the injection moulding version.

Also a good thing really as I’ve built the resin version and the new offering looks to be more accurate with crisper detailing too.

A lot more wallet friendly too. As the resin will set you back £300 + shipping and customs charges.

Only snag is that Steve halved his actual Studio model offering and labelled it 1/350 scale. A big debate on this but at 350m long according to the research this Ktinga is actual more like 1/537. 

Klingon KTingas are longer thAn the Enterprise 1701/1701A (305m) if you don’t believe me? Have a good look on the web and watch the Undiscoverd Country.

the KTinga’s & D7’s have 2 decks on the head unit. 1/350scale at 24” depicts a single deck so the Klingons can view at foot level or a thin slot above eye level.

1/537 @ 24” measures out to have 2 decks in height. So as you’d come to expect 2 rows of windows.

if you want a 1/350 Klingon to go with the Enterprise. Than the 1/350 Bird of Prey seems correct scale comparison.

my 200 pennies worth.

Measuring the decks makes sense, I had simply assumed the size changed to whatever "looked good"?

As written on another forum years ago...

"When Next Gen and DS9 were in production it was common practice to utilize (and occasionally repurpose with new paint and added details) existing models used in the movies. Along with this came resizing the ships in the frame so they would not be dwarfed by the Enterprise D (not much different than the shuttlecraft appearing the same size as the Constellation relative to the planet killer in the TOS episode "The Doomsday Machine" or going back even further, King Kong being eighteen feet tall while on Skull Island and twenty four feet tall while rampaging through Manhattan.)"

So glad to have such a nice Klingon Cruiser kit!

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Woohoo!! Mine has just shipped along with the lighting kit 😀

Traitor!!😂:tease:

Though I will be interested to see what it includes!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...