Mirror Models 1/35 Holmes Wrecker

robw_uk

is the beast... think it will be the most complex build i have done:

25667191147_f291027679_z.jpgIMG_20180228_154521 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

38727793650_9f339c4869_z.jpgIMG_20180228_154512 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

not sure on the paint scheme as the green has no markings whatsoever... will have to see what references I can find, I have some US stars lying around for example

• Like 2

thanks all. Mirror Models are Irish and do a fair few softskins (Quads, trucks, diamond Ts). I also have a T-20 Russian Artillery Tractor from them....

anyway first few bits started - engine, transmission (I assume) and start of some part of axles.....

40499222802_8c80b91d5d_z.jpgIMG_20180228_195754 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 1

am toying with going civilian on this - maybe blue and red with black chassis (some photos of period trucks in that colour) but could do with some custom decals....

building the Homes Wrecker from Mirror Models but going for post-war civilian livery (can imagine these vehicles being purchased by British garages when they came back form Europe). No sources really for the specific vehicle but the internet has a nice blue/red livery with black chassis so thinking of doing that...

anyone have any images of similar trucks for reference?

anyone know where i could get suitable decals? have never made my own but maybe. Thinking I will need number plates and then the name of the garage for the doors

images so you can see where i am

25667191147_f291027679_z.jpgIMG_20180228_154521 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

38727793650_9f339c4869_z.jpgIMG_20180228_154512 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

40499222802_8c80b91d5d_z.jpgIMG_20180228_195754 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 1

This'll be an interesting build Rob.......and yes, new maker to me. Interesting to see how you feel they go together, incase they have something I might want to build. Let us know your opinion on the kit build and fit.....

Simon.

very soft plastic... instructions seem a little vague with some of the placements/part numbers... but so far so good, no fit problems (mind have only built 3 very small sub-assemblies)

You might find something here: http://ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/

There are thousands of images to search through!

Number plates can be made up from slot car suppliers decals - they'll be 1/32 but I don't think the difference is all that great.

If you don't fancy doing your own decals, maybe someone like Parkes Decals could help. If you go down that route and you have black or white on the sheet, I'm sure they'd do the numbers as well.

Dave

Hi Rob....I found the AFV Club the same compared to Tamiya. I can live with that though, it’s fit that bothers me the most on a kit. Still, interesting subject you have here....keep up the feedback 

👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fastcat said:

You might find something here: http://ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/

There are thousands of images to search through!

Number plates can be made up from slot car suppliers decals - they'll be 1/32 but I don't think the difference is all that great.

If you don't fancy doing your own decals, maybe someone like Parkes Decals could help. If you go down that route and you have black or white on the sheet, I'm sure they'd do the numbers as well.

Dave

thanks  for that Dave. will have a look

2 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

You can find classic silver on black style number plate lettering here in 1/35 and many other scales too.:D

Kit looks interesting and I'm looking forward to watching the progress.

now that is useful. Would mean it would just be "door art" i needed to work out. Have the colours sorted (so has the carpet after i dropped an open put of blue on it... luckily the carpet cleaner sorted it out)....