1/72, 1/144 civil figures needed

busnproplinerfan

It may have been brought up before on here. I'm looking for either 1/72 or 1/144 civil standing figures I want male and female dressed nice. I want these for standing outside an airliner. I've seen the Preiser ones and they are ok but I need about fifty, plus some police. Would these be the only ones that are good?  I want to recreate the scene of Martin Luther King's casket being loaded on the Electra.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

In 1/144 Preiser are probably the best.  I have a couple of sets which are really nice and which I will eventually get round to using. Alternatively you could try looking for N gauge model railway figures.  I'm not a railway modeller and I have no idea what the position is in Canada but in the UK you would have to look for figures in British N scale which is 1/148 rather than the smaller Continental 1/160 unless you want some rather small people in your diorama.

I'm not sure about 1/72 although Airfix used to produce a set of civilians intended for OO gauge model railways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skodadriver said:

In 1/144 Preiser are probably the best.  I have a couple of sets which are really nice and which I will eventually get round to using. Alternatively you could try looking for N gauge model railway figures.  I'm not a railway modeller and I have no idea what the position is in Canada but in the UK you would have to look for figures in British N scale which is 1/148 rather than the smaller Continental 1/160 unless you want some rather small people in your diorama.

I'm not sure about 1/72 although Airfix used to produce a set of civilians intended for OO gauge model railways.

Looking at the pictures of them, I would have to cast a few from the set of Preiser and get a couple of sets in either scale. The figures would be the hardest part and then to make a correct hearse.

Preiser in 1/72, but a limited number of figures.  Don't be tempted to use their 1/87 unless that's all you use; many railway modellers do. They also do some in 1/76, including Police, for Bachmann, only available in small sets and painted. (Therefore also pricey).

The old Airfix 00 figures are 1/76, and in smart 1950s - 60s travelling order (so not too dated)* and are now produced by Dapol - the moulds are still good.

*fine for a funeral up to pretty much the present, I would think.

Oxford Diecast, incidentally, do two hearses; one modern, one less so.

Edited by Chillidragon

9 hours ago, Chillidragon said:

Preiser in 1/72, but a limited number of figures.  Don't be tempted to use their 1/87 unless that's all you use; many railway modellers do. They also do some in 1/76, including Police, for Bachmann, only available in small sets and painted. (Therefore also pricey).

The old Airfix 00 figures are 1/76, and in smart 1950s - 60s travelling order (so not too dated)* and are now produced by Dapol - the moulds are still good.

*fine for a funeral up to pretty much the present, I would think.

Oxford Diecast, incidentally, do two hearses; one modern, one less so.

Thanks. I took a look at them and they look good, like them a bit more than Preiser’s. I have some 1/72 Preiser which I have to find, they could supplement them for more variety. To bad most figures are dressed for the cold weather, I guess they can be tweaked. The Oxford hearses are nice cars, but I need a 68 Caddy. Luckily the car still exists and there’s a few pics of it. Think I could scratch build it fairly close or look at getting it 3D printed. At least then I’d get the smallest details. I guess I have to remember it’s not the main focal point. I guess that’s an important part of any diorama.