identifying a Beaufighter

bernard03

hello Terry

thank you for your answer, alas, I can not tell you more about this photo which is stored in my hard drive for years, even enlarging the serial remains illegible but seems to end with a number 4 

I want to buy one of your decals on the scale of 1/48  for the Beaufighter , but I can not find anything on the net at this scale !

I am very impressed by your work on this subject, I have two models Tamiya in preparation for this plane 

best regards 

Bernard

excuse me again for my poor English 

• Like 1

hello

in this very interesting document, it is specified that the 404 Sqd was equipped at the time of MKXI, aproximately from April 43 to October 43, is it not during this period that the " Beau" wore this particular camouflage? there is a plane whose code R and serial JM174, often piloted by S / L Gatward 

could not it be the plane on my photo ? 

http://heritage.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.lac_reel_c12269/477?r=0&s=2

By coincidence I have the form 78 if you are good at decryption - it was sent to me by the RAF Museum with no copyright notice so I assume I can post it here.

X8084_Form781.jpg

• Like 1

Couldn't reply last night as all power was off for 12 hours due to snow/ice related problems. Getting back to normal now. We don't do snow here :D

Anyway my interest in X8084 was started by a photo in the recent book Stations of Coastal Command Then and Now showing it belly landed at Chivenor in the White scheme.

Here is the accident report

X8084_Form11801.jpg

X8084_Form11802.jpg

• Like 1