1/35 Accurate Armour M-41DK complete

My first RFI here. This was completed a few weeks ago. Its the Accurate Armour conversion of a Skybow M-41 into the Danish Army Cold War M-41DK. This was only the second 1/35 I have completed for about 30 years after a long gap, so be gentle with me!

Pictures are from mobile phone so quality not brilliant.

I have had to repost using flickr, hope that works!

Thanks for looking.

Terry

20180301_221345 20180206_103218

20180227_144242

20200107_142144

20180227_144230

20180227_144344

20180301_221405

Edited by Terry1954
Added more photos
  • Like 29

I think the M41 is a sadly-underestimated and under-loved subject.  It was a very important tank to a number of NATO countries.  The DK upgrade looks very much like a baby Leopard.  I love what you've done with it.

So, how did you do the cam netting.........?

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 2:18 AM, Das Abteilung said:

I think the M41 is a sadly-underestimated and under-loved subject.  It was a very important tank to a number of NATO countries.  The DK upgrade looks very much like a baby Leopard.  I love what you've done with it.

So, how did you do the cam netting.........?

So for those asking about the netting .....

I used gauze bandage, suitably cut and shredded a bit, with tea leaves. As a final touch I discovered a product by Basecrafts called Natural Leaves, and sprinkled a few of these on top. I experimented with diluted white glue and superglue to hold it all on. Extra fine superglue runs into everything and does hold it together well. Some WIP pics of that ......

20170818_113453

20170818_113511

Then stage 1 painting............

20171101_182326

20171030_222510

Finally.......

20171119_120819

The completed net was airbrushed black, then followed by very lighter dusting of green, then it was dry brushed and bits of detail picked out.

I'll definitely use this technique again, as I I have a number of cold war Nato AFV's in the stash.

Thanks again.

Terry

• Like 10

That is a really impressive first RFI! Looks excellent all round but the camo netting is the icing on the cake! :worthy:

Gonna have to me some leaves! 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That is a really impressive first RFI! Looks excellent all round but the camo netting is the icing on the cake! :worthy:

Gonna have to me some leaves! 

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks. The reaction on here (and from a first RFI I posted in the aircraft section) has encouraged me to post more. I'll maybe even start a Work In Progress as I have a couple of other AFV's on the go as well as some 1/72 aircraft. 

Thanks agin to all who have commented!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Soeren said:

The netting is exceptional awesomeness.

Thanks! It does seem very popular. I get lots of comments when seen at shows.

Terry

• 8 months later...

Very nice subject, rarely seen. You haven't forgotten the skills during the hiatus...  As others said, that netting looks the deal.

If there's something to whine, the rubber pads on the tracks shouldn't be painted metal I think...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Very nice subject, rarely seen. You haven't forgotten the skills during the hiatus...  As others said, that netting looks the deal.

If there's something to whine, the rubber pads on the tracks shouldn't be painted metal I think...

Thanks. Looking at the model I agree I should probably have painted the rubber blocks black or some non metallic dark colour. In pictures where the real thing has been in rough ground or mud, they tend to become the same colour as the surrounding links, but I would say with hindsight, mine are too metallic! Maybe I'll repaint them sometime.

Thanks again.

Terry

Sorry that I missed this the first time around. an exceptional model of a rarely seen tank. Great job with the net. Plus if you're stuck for a brew sometime...........just saying.:smile:

John.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Sorry that I missed this the first time around. an exceptional model of a rarely seen tank. Great job with the net. Plus if you're stuck for a brew sometime...........just saying.:smile:

John.

Thanks John. Yes handy for a quick brew if you like green tea!

Terry

• Like 1