1/72 Italeri Harrier GR3

masterqq

Welcome to the GB Thomas. I'm currently working on it's brother the Sea Harrier so will be interesting to compare notes on how they go together.

Thanks Col.

I was lingering between SHAR and GR3, I choose GR3 simply because the SHAR canopy got scratches that I am looking for replacement or deal with it later..:)

so work started by painting the interior parts, next to join the fuselage half..

39596650335_d767ba3d31_b.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, masterqq said:

Thanks Col.

I was lingering between SHAR and GR3, I choose GR3 simply because the SHAR canopy got scratches that I am looking for replacement or deal with it later..:)

I have the pleasure of dealing with the same canopy problem later :(  You are making good progress with this one :speak_cool:

It looks to be going together well for you Thomas. The canopy will hopefully get sorted out with some Micromesh but that stage is well in the future for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys,

And finally started the painting..the green is too glossy, a coat of Future will even this and also prepare the surface for decal . Decaling will be next with kit's Falkland marking.

41019886861_e8e04387b3_b.jpg

• Like 6

Tidy work on the paint Thomas :goodjob: It looks as if you've achived a nicely worn and weathered effect that will suit the subject well.

• Like 1

This is looking good even with the decals being thick and hard, you've clearly made them behave, a nice selection of death waiting in the tub to be added as well :speak_cool:

• 2 weeks later...