This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Troffa

Enemy Coast Ahead! DAM BUSTERS at 75!

might have a look online for any clips of the scene. thanks for the reply!

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2018 at 11:01 PM, Truro Model Builder said:

Without checking the film, that description sounds very much like a Lincoln in post war colours.

Apparently all of the aircraft are in post war colours. Camouflage was applied to the Medium Sea Grey on the Upper surfaces of the Lancasters and because the film was shot in black and white they sort of got away with it. The bomb dropping scenes are genuine Operation Chastise footage and the main reason for shooting the film in monochrome.

Edited by avro683
Spelling

Posted (edited)

It is a Lincoln in the background When the Groupie calls on 'Gibby', cant recall the exact lettering but its actual the aircraft serial number something like RF458 ??

You can see 4 bladed aircraft in the background at certain times but it doesn't detract anything from the film. The occasion I recall is as the crews are driven out, its in the background then.

The other reason they shot in black/White was that they also had footage of a genuine flooding in Holland or Germany from 1952 I believe.

"Well chaps my watch says time to go  . . ."     I love that line

Edited by Mancunian airman