Decals over Xtreme Metal?

armored76

Hi,

I'm pretty impressed with the general tenor regarding the AK Interactive Xtreme Metal range but I find close to no information about laying decals on top of surface painted with this line.

Applying a layer of gloss would probably take away a good part of the metallic sheen so I was wondering if the painted surfaces are glossy enough to accept decals directly? Did anyone tried this? Can you show us some images?

I'd like to avoid investing in a new line (thinner, cleaner, paints, etc) just to find out they are not of much use.

Many thanks in advance!

Cristian

Actually glossing over the Xtreme Metals doesn't take the metallic look away as much as you might expect with other types of Metallic paint. Here's an example of Xtreme Metal glossed over:

IMG_2005_zpsyl1obz9h-M.jpg

IMG_2009_zpsrcigjoqe-M.jpg

AK Xtreme Metals are my 'Go to' metallic paints now. They are very easy to use and are very hard wearing, can be mixed to make other shades too.

Duncan B

• Like 6

Nice Jav Duncan!! 

AFAIK, AK do make their own acrylic gloss product specifically designed to apply over their metallic paints. There’s an online review video showing this where the reviewer is most impressed with the product and it’s ability to not kill the original metallic sheen. I’ve forgotten who it was, however this video shouldn’t be too hard to find?

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice Jav Duncan!! 

AFAIK, AK do make their own acrylic gloss product specifically designed to apply over their metallic paints. There’s an online review video showing this where the reviewer is most impressed with the product and it’s ability to not kill the original metallic sheen. I’ve forgotten who it was, however this video shouldn’t be too hard to find?

Cheers.. Dave

Thanks Dave, I used Gunze Super Clear gloss over the AK and it worked great.

Duncan B

• Like 1