1/144 Aerolineas Argentinas 737-200

After some time away from BM International, I'm pleased to announce the arrival of Aerolineas Argentinas 737-200 from Buenos Aires : Airfix kit finished off with F-Dcal markings, Authentic Airliner windows and modified engines / wheel bays courtesy of plastic card, Milliput, sweat, tears and a few naughty words.

BzzrTUC.jpg

For some unknown reason, I embarked on a mini group build involving three 737s in 2017, and let's just say that the trio nearly tipped my modelling career over the edge. (Just glad that one of them has made it over the line and that the troops involved in the current 737 STGB are providing me with plenty of inspiration to finish off the other two)

Rolling past the terminal building :

hNtnTmJ.jpg

A couple of standard shots :

Kss8H7ql.jpg

8Vy0h7t.jpg

FQx5eLxl.jpg

Time to head back to BA

wcYBYPbh.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mike

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Another stunner Mike, shows how well the old Airfix kit can polish up in skilled hands! Cracking job!!

And you've had more success than me today. After finishing the comp. entry I decided to finish off some long term shelf of doom residents, first was the FG1 Toom that's been fighting me for years. Was being very careful fitting the undercarriage this morning, dropped the last wheel to be glued on, picked it up & when getting back up hit the Toom off the bench & it landed gear down on the floor breaking all three legs in more than one place.  I must have been sitting too close to KEN for too long as I promptly launched it at the wall!! :D

Anyway, glad your 732 survived as it's lovely!

Keith

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Superb job you've done on the Airfix kit! Did you do any work on the nose, it looks better than just out of the box?

I've never come across that Aerolineas Argentinas livery before, is it the delivery scheme?

Looking forward to more!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 4:40 PM, keefr22 said:

Another stunner Mike, shows how well the old Airfix kit can polish up in skilled hands! Cracking job!!

And you've had more success than me today. After finishing the comp. entry I decided to finish off some long term shelf of doom residents, first was the FG1 Toom that's been fighting me for years. Was being very careful fitting the undercarriage this morning, dropped the last wheel to be glued on, picked it up & when getting back up hit the Toom off the bench & it landed gear down on the floor breaking all three legs in more than one place.  I must have been sitting too close to KEN for too long as I promptly launched it at the wall!! :D

Anyway, glad your 732 survived as it's lovely!

Keith

Thanks Keith. Sorry to hear about your Toom incident but more concerned about you going down with "Kenneth-itis". I hear that the only cure is to buy more models ? :P

On 2/25/2018 at 10:41 PM, Turbofan said:

Hi Mike,

Superb job you've done on the Airfix kit! Did you do any work on the nose, it looks better than just out of the box?

I've never come across that Aerolineas Argentinas livery before, is it the delivery scheme?

Looking forward to more!

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian.

I did use a Daco canopy set but I'm not sure if I shimmed the nose to fit or whether I just used 240 grit to blend it in. (Nothing like using a big hammer on a small nail ! :))

Aerolineas Argentinas introduced this scheme across the fleet when the first 737s arrived in 1969/70. They've had quite a few schemes since then : http://linea-ala.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/cuarenta-anos-de-boeing-737-en.html

I'm having a go at the latest scheme on the 737-800 - fingers crossed that I can pull it off.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...