Harrier Gr1 - finished

stevemk1

Hi, it's been ages since I've tried to complete a group build and have a couple of Harriers in the cupboard so thought I'd get involved with this one.

At the moment the plan is to build it out of the box, but perhaps a metal pitot tube will be added later on. 

IMG_20180217_203715

Made a start on the seat and tub 

IMG_20180217_203611

IMG_20180224_162655

And then assembled a few of the larger parts 

IMG_20180224_162610

A few joins will need filling and sanding, but hopefully will be ready for priming soon. 

Steve

Edited by stevemk1
Fixed photo links
  • Like 1

Not a huge amount of progress as have also been working on an F/A 18 this weekend, but seams now filled and canopy masked so will be priming soon. 

IMG_20180304_215528

It's amazing how compact the Harrier appears next to a same scale Hornet 

• Like 6

Gave my new airbrush a try today, an H and S which is certainly better engineered than the very cheap one I'd be using before. Spraying the Humbrol 166 acrylic was still a challenge, it might just be me but I struggle with that brand and try to stick to Tamiya where possible. 

2018-03-11_10-02-49

Am aiming to get the grey and green on later this week. 

Steve 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd make some progress today and spray on the dark sea grey. I used Vallejo Model Air Dark Sea Grey but it now looks far too dark. Compared it to a Sea Hawk painted with Humbrol Extra Dark Sea Grey and it's even darker than that. 

I guess I'll have to order a different brand to get a better match :mellow:

The better match for the grey arrived and has gone on along with the green. Had a go at some post shading and bleaching too, still getting the hang of it. 

Next step is making around the olive green panels on the tail and then adding some varnish. 

IMG_20180402_110026

• Like 3

Some more  progress to report. Landing gear installed and a little weathering done. I've finished it off with a few coats of Vallejo matt acrylic. It needed thinning down to go through my airbrush but the finish is nice. 

The Pitot which had broken off has been found and reattached so I'm calling this one done :-) 

A few phone pics are below. 

2018-04-13_09-26-512018-04-13_09-27-002018-04-13_09-27-132018-04-13_09-27-25

Thanks for stopping by

Steve 

• Like 7