1/72 - MiG-21BIS "Fishbed-L/N" by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released

Homebee

It will be interesting to see if it is new tool or uses parts from the 1980's vintage MF kit.

I built the KoPro MiG-21MF back in 1984. Still have it in the case. Not a bad kit for it's day.  So this year it appears we are getting new MiG-21MF from Eduard, a UM from RV, and a MiG-21bis from KoPro. 

So many small air force marking possibilities...I am particularly fond of Cuba and Congo camouflage and markings

Edited by Ham

5 hours ago, Ham said:

It will be interesting to see if it is new tool or uses parts from the 1980's vintage MF kit.

I thought these new KP kits were based on the more recent R.V. Aircraft tools. Or did I get that wrong somewhere?

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I thought these new KP kits were based on the more recent R.V. Aircraft tools. Or did I get that wrong somewhere?

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Bill

You are right. All these KP ( AZ to add some confusion) are RV Tools... in KP boxes but without  all the RV goodies ' Colour photo etched parts + Resin parts + Metal parts + masks "and sometimes gigant decal sheet" that made them so attractive at the time.

Now for the shape...and the finish, everybody has got his own idea depending on your generation ! ... so, I have got mine !

Madcop :lol:

PS. RV Should release a UM model this year ... I am very curious !

• 3 months later...

If I were you (but I am not) I would wait for the hypothetical Eduard bis, with all his future shortcomings and resin makeup armada, that can't be worse than the RV-AZ-KP.

At least you'll have some masks and colour PE, hoping it's the good one !

Madcop😉

On 6/9/2018 at 3:16 AM, Homebee said:

Another boxing - ref. KPM0102 - MiG-21BIS "Fishbed-L/N" Part II

KPM0102-_ist.jpg

The artist has gone a "bit" over the top. I am sure he has heard that the 21bis has a bigger saddle fuel tank. But what we see here is more like the enormous MiG-21SMT fuel tank. No comment!

Of course this is only box-art and who would really care about it. :D

Staying more on the ground and try to be objective it would be interesting to see the actual plastic and comment only after that!  

Unfortunately on the KP site only photos of some general sprues (RV) are shown. The problem is that the crucial areas like the intake or the saddle fuel tank and where it meets with the fin are not visible.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1