Kinetic 1/48 Sea Harrier FRS.1

goon

Hi All,
Some pics of my Sea Harrier. Really pleased with this one, despite a couple of inaccuracies I couldn't correct as it was too late. I also dropped the model, breaking the windshield off. I managed to get it back on without it being too obvious. Despite my best intentions the wheels don't quite touch correctly (turns out my cutting mat is not perfectly flat!) which I will correct in due course. I need to reinstate the paint on the bottom of these where I've sanded the 'flats' to neaten the 'sit' up. I've at least two more to build, plus the GR.3s when they are (hopefully) released.

This shows the aircraft 'Sharkey' Ward was flying when he downed Carlos Tomba's Pucara. (I built Aconcagua's resin kit of this aircraft a while ago, and soon I will build the Dagger this SHAR also destroyed. Can you spot a theme?!) Finished overall in Xtracolour EDSG with black / white / grey pre-shade, and a 'homebrew' of Flory Models washes for the panel lines.  

To the Kinetic plastic I added Eduard photo etch, a master pitot and AOA sensor, Eduard AIM-9Ls, and Armory's wheels (necessitating making 'forks' for the outriggers. (I learnt a couple of new swear words that afternoon, which became useful when I realised I'd put one in the very large bin under my bench.) 

a_ksmrC6L07DJRBZ0NUgiikZGTtsGcyZbD_ObYFd

aZAiyK1hF6RkNHyiTEGpeThvoqqSVn5n_xknaaGx

cqJg5vYEGFJ0eX7WPYVegLUgXAQOLxum_xuUaomn

egA4umIfwMmBjleoOJAeqs5cTPVtWThpEI0Gchtg 

MNeW9JIa9lu9MCX9ssSaP10Krpp5lhaK7h-o5E_w

GrFMmukWg1w8cUp3lhPMLTKBu8_jf6TycwpH_5YP

yPCbqlPGAKZ9XOgZXMTBazI66vQwoS_3m3Fdp018 

nj0aUSPXNcRgc9kiFF4diVftr-IBOBxm7udeUhTb 

grWcKc0jyDxqAZg41A7rQ9lwIa5cLYhl5DnaDbUG 

Wmu-6-lv4cdEP6Whp8thi-33bGrFRIlD-btU920E

Wc0Ul7nZBsKWdNIiI5nhqiA77Q7J3MjtpDX5a1-V

qzt4oIYi_y8iymI_YeOgCet4XdM8AAMHZDgf4obq