D-Day: 75th Anniversary of Normandy Landings chat

• 2 weeks later...

Could I possibly lodge an interest with Priller's FW190 of sword beach fame? Otherwise I'd need to actually buy something for this.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2018 at 19:32, Valkyrie said:

Could I possibly lodge an interest with Priller's FW190 of sword beach fame? Otherwise I'd need to actually buy something for this.

Of course, you are welcome

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Sure I can find something suitable in the stash and strangely enough I don't have anything completed with D-Day stripes so we will have to try and remedy that, so please add me to the list.

Craig.

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

Got to love a set of invasion stripes, I'm up for this

Glynn 

Craig, Glen, you are both welcome - invasion stripes will be in order :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

By way of information and to refresh the thread for potentially interested parties, I acquired the AMT/ERTL 1/48 Douglas A20G Havoc at the Glos IPMS Model Show earlier today so that'll be my intended effort for the GB.

Cheers, Mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

...only just found this - I would really like to have a go at something for this - please count me.

• Like 1

As this GB should fall during my out of study period and as I'd previously failed to finish during the previous two D-Day GB's, I'd like to make amends.  Please add my name to the list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning

Given the important number of subject for this Gb I would like to propose that this Gb would last longer than the usual 3/4 months what do you think of 12 months ? ..

Patrice

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Add me to the list - I am planning a visit to the beaches next year for the 75th , This GB could be my first venture into Armor and figures (eek painting people) .. or Bridge building  ( Pegasus Bridge ?)

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 1

Moving up to 1:1 scale, it was very depressing that there was hardly any mention of D-Day in the US this year.  Perhaps we're just too preoccupied with analysing  every bit of made up news to remember the things that are really important.

• Like 3

@RJ-WobblyHands, you are in.  Armour and Pegasus Bridge sounds interesting, and will make a welcome addition to the build.

5 hours ago, ejboyd5 said:

Moving up to 1:1 scale, it was very depressing that there was hardly any mention of D-Day in the US this year.  Perhaps we're just too preoccupied with analysing  every bit of made up news to remember the things that are really important.

Hmm, I don't recall much coverage this side of the pond either.  

The WWI centenary is getting the attention, and I'm guessing D-Day 75th will be bigger next year.

@ejboyd5, may I add you to the list?

On 17/06/2018 at 00:56, ejboyd5 said:

Hi ejboyd5

Don't fell too much depressed because here in France apart from the usual celebrations in Normandy there were very few mentions of D-DAY  but I think that next year it should be completely different  I just hope that the security measures due to the coming of all the heads of state will not impede traffic ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Count me in, may be a winged-thing, but could be a tracked/wheeled thing (although my track record for vehicles in GB's is poor, no pun intended!).

Davey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

seeing I'm now the proud owner of a MDC 1/32nd Typhoon (big sexy resin beastie) I need a reason to build her and this looks like the perfect opportunity, so count me in.

The scheme I have for her has a shark's mouth!

• Like 1