D-Day: 75th Anniversary of Normandy Landings chat

OK guys, the poll is up (closes on Sunday).

There are two groups, Builds with Aircraft and Everything Else

Please tell me if I've missed a build - it has been known.

Thank-you to everybody who took part either in building, or, in supporting and commenting on other modellers builds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to the hosts for running a great GB, and to all the participants for a great range of models. Nice to see land, air, sea and figures in the gallery plus a couple of corkers to look out for in RFIs later.

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Only 13 people voted so far in the D-Day GB!!! Come on fellow modellers - time to vote!!!

The poll can be found here:

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @PlaStix

I waited until today to vote, in case there were any last minute entries (It has been known!) But the last few entries are showing a 'no entry' sign and no images, yet people have 'liked' them. Do I assume the photo hosting site is to blame, something wrong with BM, or my laptop? I'd liked to have seen them before voting, and will hold-fire on voting until clarification.

Cheers,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Thanks 1

Hi Badder. It seems to be Dave_R's photos that are not working. I can't see them - just a grey block with a code at the top.

I will PM him. I have seen them before and they are worth seeing so it may be the hosting site that's the issue.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

...erm, I can see them OK.  I'm using the same hosting site that I always do and the same resizing method (1200 pixels x 690 width pixels - ideally).

It could just be they're the last set of images to load up on the page? - I dunno I'm a bit techy, but not much.

Dave.

Hi Dave. Weird - because I still cannot see them - either on my iPad or Android phone.

Hopefully everyone else can see them.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Mmmm, I can't see @Dave_R 's images on page 2 or @Ted 's on page 1 of the gallery.  A week ago, I could see both.

Been having similar issues in other builds on BM this week.  Sometimes they are sorted out following an overnight shudown of my PC, other times not.

The vote has now closed - 32 members voted which suggests people were holding off until nearer the close.  Thank-you to the people who voted.

@PlaStix has come out top in both polls with his “Achtung Raketen!” – Tiger 1 and Typhoon Mk.Ib

In the aircraft group @Wdedig (P-38, 394th FS, 367FG) and  @modelling minion (P-47D Razorback, Col Morton Magoffin, 362nd Fighter Group) came equal second.

In the everything else group @Hewy's Bedford QLB took 6 votes for second place.

@Ozzy's 2nd Platoon, 506 Regiment, 101 Airborne Division had 5 votes for third place.

Well done all of you and congratulations.

• Like 9

Great Group effort..Fun to Participate and Thanks to those who liked the P-38. It is now in a Museum in West Virginia in Honor of the Pilot.

spacer.png

Cheers

Bill D

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Well done to everyone who got a build into the Gallery and if you are still building - keep going!!

Thank you to @Robert Stuart for his great hosting of this GB and to everyone who took the time to comment in my build thread.

Finally - thank you to anyone who voted for my project. I thoroughly enjoyed making all the elements. This GB got me building what is likely to be my one aircraft build of the year. I must make more aircraft next year - I have at least one aircraft build planned at the moment. 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 10/7/2019 at 9:40 PM, Wdedig said:

Great Group effort..Fun to Participate and Thanks to those who liked the P-38. It is now in a Museum in West Virginia in Honor of the Pilot.

Hi Bill,

When I first saw your P38 I was gobsmacked. I'm not a 'wingy thing' builder, but I know a truly superb model when I see one   It is a thing of beauty, a work of art and certainly worthy of space in a museum display, and more so as a tribute to the pilot.

Congrats on all fronts.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Badder said:

Hi Bill,

When I first saw your P38 I was gobsmacked. I'm not a 'wingy thing' builder, but I know a truly superb model when I see one   It is a thing of beauty, a work of art and certainly worthy of space in a museum display, and more so as a tribute to the pilot.

Congrats on all fronts.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thank You Very Much for the Positive Comments. I truly appreciate your words and thanks for taking time to let me know.

Best Regards

Bill

• Like 4