D-Day: 75th Anniversary of Normandy Landings chat

40 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Not that I can remember, but, if you can produce reliable evidence that it was available and served during Operation Overlord, then you are welcome to build one here.

It’s got invasion stripes on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It’s got invasion stripes on.

Ok, that's a good start, but remember invasion stripes continued after our time frame. IIRC, up til December 1944.  Then again, during the Suez crisis, when yellow paint was substituted for the white stripes.

Can you prove that it was part of the OOB during operation Overlord, that is, between 6th June 1944 and 30 September 1944 ?

9 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Ok, that's a good start, but remember invasion stripes continued after our time frame. IIRC, up til December 1944.  Then again, during the Suez crisis, when yellow paint was substituted for the white stripes.

Can you prove that it was part of the OOB during operation Overlord, that is, between 6th June 1944 and 30 September 1944 ?

Agh you got me, still looks pretty cool though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

saw this at RIAT last week, not sure if @Robert Stuart has seen many requests to build one of these.

image.jpg

Oh great... now i want to build one ! SWMBO is Norwegian so I'm planning on a few aircraft from the Norwegian air force, this will be added to the list. 

Dennis

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oh great... now i want to build one ! SWMBO is Norwegian so I'm planning on a few aircraft from the Norwegian air force, this will be added to the list. 

Dennis

Dennis, you could display this next to RA Berg's Spitfire - http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/a-question-of-foreign-markings.html - I'm sure there are a few decals around if you don't have him.

• Like 2

Just now, Robert Stuart said:

Dennis, you could display this next to RA Berg's Spitfire - http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/a-question-of-foreign-markings.html - I'm sure there are a few decals around if you don't have him.

Bergs is one of the builds i plan on doing. I was thinking an F-86K and an F-104 also. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a question for the powers that be. 

In a couple weeks it'll be Blitz Build time again and I'm wondering what to buy for it.  So the question is if I were to build say a German AFV in markings appropriate for D-Day for the Blitz Build and then when the Blitz Build is done start a thread on here (similar to Tiger GB cross-over) is that OK?

Dave.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 6:14 AM, Dave_R said:

In a couple weeks it'll be Blitz Build time again and I'm wondering what to buy for it.  So the question is if I were to build say a German AFV in markings appropriate for D-Day for the Blitz Build and then when the Blitz Build is done start a thread on here (similar to Tiger GB cross-over) is that OK?

Dave.

Not a 'powers that be' myself, but if you follow the outline in the rules section, I don't see why you can't do what you propose. 

Your Blitz Build kit choice becomes part  of your build log in the D-Day GB.   You must add something to it in order to qualify in the D-Day  gallery.   The rule examples given as to what that extra "something" seems to be in the form of an additional aircraft or vehicle?

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

On 12/08/2019 at 11:14, Dave_R said:

Dave.

2 hours ago, JackG said:

Not a 'powers that be' myself, but if you follow the outline in the rules section, I don't see why you can't do what you propose. 

Your Blitz Build kit choice becomes part  of your build log in the D-Day GB.   You must add something to it in order to qualify in the D-Day  gallery.   The rule examples given as to what that extra "something" seems to be in the form of an additional aircraft or vehicle?

regards,

Jack

I don't think I have much power round here, that would be Mike & Enzo ...

As a lowly group build moderator ... Dave, that sounds like a good plan  provided the BlitzBuild moderator ( @Enzo Matrix ) has no objection.

• Like 2

Excellent - I've ordered a Stug IV and a Piper Cub, so I'll have some options to choose between.

BTW if you haven't tried a Blitz Build GB before I highly recommend it - it's surprising how you can get done in 24hrs.

Dave.

• Like 2

On 13/08/2019 at 18:19, Robert Stuart said:

I don't think I have much power round here, that would be Mike & Enzo ...

As a lowly group build moderator ... Dave, that sounds like a good plan  provided the BlitzBuild moderator ( @Enzo Matrix ) has no objection.

Actually, Robert, as Group Build Host you have more power than me.  That's probably a good thing as I tend to let the power go to my head!  :D 

@Dave_R

Are you proposing to build the kit in the Blitzbuild GB and then use the resulting model as a component of a larger build in this GB?  If so, provided Robert agrees, that seems perfectly fine to me.  The 25% rule isn't infringed because the STUG kit wasn't started at the start of this GB.   @JackG has got it right.

I would recommend adding some photos from the STUG build to your build thread here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Dave_R

19 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

provided Robert agrees, that seems perfectly fine to me

I'm happy for your project to go ahead

19 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I would recommend adding some photos from the STUG build to your build thread here.

That would be appreciate

Good afternoon

After the Airfix Typhoon I’m thinking of building a Mosquito Recce kit and I’d like to know which Humbrol référence would be the closest to this blue shade ?

190821073950331581.jpg

Thank you for your help

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

I guess when the kit came out 230 wasn't available ;)

The instructions would have you mix 15 parts 30 to 10 parts 25 to 7 parts 101 and 4 parts 4.....😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lawzer said:

@TEMPESTMK5 I guess you already have the kit/decals but if it’s of any use I have the decals in 1/48:for this if you need them....👍

Good afetrnoon Lawzer

Thank you very much for your proposal but I will build the Tamiya 1/72 Kit with the  Attack Squadron Merlin 2 stage conversion and I alreday have the decals ...

All the best

Patrice

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

Heads up guys, a fortnight left on this one ...

(14 days for those who don't recognise the term)

Where has the time gone?, 😳

i have one one last entry which might make it in time....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...