D-Day: 75th Anniversary of Normandy Landings chat

Decal sheet ordered for my typhoon, but plans in place for a diorama for this, not sure I can complete it in time but I'm gonna give it a bloody good go :)

Will start a thread very soon

All the best

Matt :)

• Like 2

Have to say now having a browse of the wonderful builds in the C-47 STGB gallery last night and feeling bad I couldn't take part, perhaps I should rectify it now? Now do I order the cheaper Italeri kit online and do an RAF aircraft or pop to the other local shop and buy the pricier airfix one as a USAAF a/c......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Have to say now having a browse of the wonderful builds in the C-47 STGB gallery last night and feeling bad I couldn't take part, perhaps I should rectify it now? Now do I order the cheaper Italeri kit online and do an RAF aircraft or pop to the other local shop and buy the pricier airfix one as a USAAF a/c......

WWED? What would Enzo do? 

I do like the look of the USAAF ones..but you don’t see many RAF...

• Haha 1

So many builds on here and lots doing multiple builds too, this might actually be the second biggest invasion ever mounted. With this in mind, I am wondering if I could do ALL the 109 and 190s on this sheet?

47993612818_14e8a3f622_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 4

Actors Waiting in the Wings of Europe

By Captain Keith Douglas, 2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry, killed in action on D+3, aged 24

Actors waiting in the wings of Europe 
we already watch the lights on the stage 
and listen to the colossal overture begin. 
For us entering at the height of the din 
it will be hard to hear our thoughts, hard to gauge 
how much our conduct owes to fear or fury.

Everyone, I suppose, will use these minutes 
to look back, to hear music and recall 
what we were doing and saying that year 
during our last few months as people, near 
the sucking mouth of the day that swallowed us all 
into the stomach of a war. Now we are in it

and no more people, just little pieces of food 
swirling in an uncomfortable digestive journey, 
what we said and did then has a slightly 
fairytale quality. There is an excitement 
in seeing our ghosts wandering…

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

I do like the look of the USAAF ones..but you don’t see many RAF...

WWED: Built both, and then buy another to build......

Anyway will let fate decided, seems I am high bidder on an italeri c-47 kit on ebay that ends thursday night so if I'm outbid before thursday ill be the airfix, if I'm still high bidder but end up not winning Ill order the italeri Dakota iii boxing on ebay......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

@PhantomBigStu  Build the one you'll be happiest making.

The Group Build? :)

Yes the group build, second in scale only to D-Day it seems. I’m looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Yes, a good question!

13 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

WWED: Built both, and then buy another to build......

Now that's WWES; what would Enzo say!

Sorry bit of a silly question, is there somewhere for the group build threads?

Going to take some pictures of my planned build once my Man Cave is built on Wednesday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NickP said:

Sorry bit of a silly question, is there somewhere for the group build threads?

Going to take some pictures of my planned build once my Man Cave is built on Wednesday.

Hi Nick. Man cave AND a Group Build brilliant. Yes go to Start a new topic on the D-Day page. It’s at the top right hand side in a box. It will then open up a new file where you put the title of your build etc then below some chat descriptions etc and your photos 

• Like 2

Just now, Valkyrie said:

Hi Nick. Man cave AND a Group Build brilliant. Yes go to Start a new topic on the D-Day page. It’s at the top right hand side in a box. It will then open up a new file where you put the title of your build etc then below some chat descriptions etc and your photos 

Thanks Valkyrie. I shall see what I can muck up 🤣. Hopefully, It all comes down to how quick I can build my bench, thats Thursday nights plan after work.

Also where can we get the Group build logo for our Signitures, if we're all able to add that too?

• Like 1

Hi Nick, I had to get Robert the D-Day GB host to help me do this. He sent me instructions on how to do for any platform. Standby, they are in this thread somewhere in the middle near the end ish....

Building a bench and a model, that’s going to be good. Stick a bench pic up too if you get a chance...

On 3/26/2019 at 8:12 PM, Robert Stuart said:

Good question

To get the banner:

For PC Firefox users ...

Right click on the banner.  Select Copy Image Location.  You can then paste the banner.

PC, MS Edge

Right click Banner, and open in new tab (or window).  You can copy the address from the address bar (at the top), and paste it ... wherever.

PC, Internet Explorer

Right click banner, and copy shortcut.  You can then paste the banner.

• Thanks 1

Hi, Guys!

If I'm still on time, I would appreciate if you let me join this GT. I think it is a unique opportunity to build a D-Day model.

I check Britmodeller forum every day but, frankly speaking, I only wrote a few messages. I'm sorry. 

I found out about this GT because of my friend Andres who has already joined to this GT too (Hi, Andres!).

I would like to build a 1/72 Hurricane assigned to a ADLS (Air Despatch letter service). I saw that Erwin will build another ADLS Hurricane. If he has no inconvenience, I will go ahead with my little Hurri. Same aircraft but different markings.

Cheers!

Miguel

• Like 3

Miguel, @Mihajlo you are very welcome to jump in.

You can start your thread now, but wait until Thursday before you start building.

Take a look at other group builds to see what people do, and check the Group Build rules in case there are differences in this build.

And - ask questions.

p.s. Don't worry too much about building the same machine as another modeller - even if it is the same kit, showing the same aircraft in the same markings, your build will be different to his (or hers).

17 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Miguel, @Mihajlo you are very welcome to jump in.

You can start your thread now, but wait until Thursday before you start building.

Take a look at other group builds to see what people do, and check the Group Build rules in case there are differences in this build.

And - ask questions.

p.s. Don't worry too much about building the same machine as another modeller - even if it is the same kit, showing the same aircraft in the same markings, your build will be different to his (or hers).

Dear Robert, many thanks for your kind welcome.

I can wait until tomorrow to start my kit ;)

I already read the rules. Totally agree. No questions for the moment :)

Cheers!

Miguel

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mihajlo said:

Hi, Guys!

If I'm still on time, I would appreciate if you let me join this GT. I think it is a unique opportunity to build a D-Day model.

I check Britmodeller forum every day but, frankly speaking, I only wrote a few messages. I'm sorry. 

I found out about this GT because of my friend Andres who has already joined to this GT too (Hi, Andres!).

I would like to build a 1/72 Hurricane assigned to a ADLS (Air Despatch letter service). I saw that Erwin will build another ADLS Hurricane. If he has no inconvenience, I will go ahead with my little Hurri. Same aircraft but different markings.

Cheers!

Miguel

as the gorgeous Co-Host :D welcome along to your first GB.

It's great to have you along for your first GB, they're lots of fun and a really great way to make new friends and learn new modelling tips. Plus feel free to ask questions about the build or others builds, you'll find everyone here more than happy to help.

As Robert said there's no problems at all if you want to build the same model as someone else. Your build sounds interesting as I don't know much about these aircraft in this form.

So good luck with your build, look forward to following it and seeing her completed in the gallery.

• Like 1

Have a fantastic Group build everyone !!   "dot-dot-dot-dash"

Before we begin, please listen to some personal messages 

"Jean has a long moustache"

"There is a fire at the insurance agency"

Les sanglots longs

Des violons

De l’automne

Blessent mon cœur

D’une langueur

Monotone.

Working from home today - work on 2 monitors ,  'UK 75th Commemorations' on a 3rd, waiting for the Daks to take off from Duxford :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

"How many ships are there Pluskat ?"

"All of them i think!"

and where the film 'The Longest Day' was slightly incorrect this is a 'Rupert' or Dummy paratrooper , not sure a small Hessian sack with a stick of fire crackers would have been believable in a film :) 

erlKHTj.jpg

• Like 3