1/48 Kinetic Harrier T4 **FINISHED**

Muzz

59 minutes ago, sammy da fish said:

Don’t forget the intake trucking is gloss white up to about 6’ of the lip of the intake?

Had this debate on another thread and been reliably informed that Gr3/T4's were camo colour right up to the fan blades. Sea Harriers/T8's were white.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235033163-harrier-t8-cockpit-reference/

A lot of progress again today, the decent fit of parts is making for a pretty speedy build. Got the cockpit windscreen in place and Eduard masks applied. The front windscreen section is a great fit, a light sand required around the fuselage edges where it meets the clear parts and it was spot on.

20180301_234806.jpg

20180301_234850.jpg

I then started to add the few bits of PE to the fuselage and wings. Some of these were from the Eduard set and some are supplied with the kit. After these were in place it was time to add the main wing and intakes.

20180301_234713.jpg

The main wing fit is again excellent, I may add a touch of perfect putty just to tidy up the join lines. The intakes are a drop in fit, if Hasegawa's GR7 intakes had been like this I would have built a load of them.

• Like 8

Control surfaces added.

20180304_163147.jpg

Not sure what's happened with the tail planes, the locating holes in the fuselage for the pins on the control surface are too big and the fit is way off. It's going to cause problems for getting the correct anhederal on them. Also read on another thread that the holes are 4mm further forward than they should be.

• Like 2

Thanks guys.

I was looking through the RFI thread yesterday and came across this build by TimB which provided some great info.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235034653-another-kinetic-harrier-t4/

One such piece of info was the incorrect inner wing pylons which I believe were used by the Sea Harriers. So I went about correcting them........

I added a piece of scrap plastic to the leading edge before cutting to shape.....

20180304_163025.jpg

Corrected pylon on the right.

20180304_221357.jpg

I also intend to add the in flight refuelling probe bit the one provided in the kit is a slightly short one suitable for a single seat aircraft. I found a suitable sized and shaped scrap plastic which will be added to provide the correct length.

20180304_163116.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, 2 weeks since my last update! Some paint on, Mr Hobby Colour Aqueous range.

20180318_182520.jpg

And the dark green......

20180318_223409.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2018 at 10:00, Muzz said:

Glossed up ready for decals.....

What do you use for the edges of the camo, blue tack or tape.....?

steve.

5 hours ago, speedy said:

What do you use for the edges of the camo, blue tack or tape.....?

steve.

I used Clever Putty to mask off the camo. I believe it's the same as Panzer Putty only cheaper.

Decals going on, the kits stencil placement diagrams are some of the worst I've seen. Need to look at a lot of photos to understand what goes where.

20180329_232641.jpg

20180329_232157.jpg

Fuel tanks painted and chipped using AK's chipping fluid.

20180329_232242.jpg

20180329_232316.jpg

• Like 9

The decals are adding plenty colour to this one and your subtle touches of weathering are adding plenty life :goodjob: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nearly finished, decals done, flat coat, details painted and wash added. Nearly time to try and get it sitting on all five tyres! Sorry for the rubbish mobile shots but they do the job.

20180426_121400.jpg

This photo show the contrast in the weathered camo a bit better.

20180426_121810.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...