Rendez-vous avec Chaffee

combat

Hey, I might blow a gasket, I'm on a bit of a buildathon at the moment after a too long break.  Feeling too enthusiastic and hurried.  Maybe I will do a slow detail by detail build thread - I don't know if people want to see that.  I usually wack up a few pictures, sort of beginning, middle and end.

Anyhow - practice makes perfect, well I thought it should make it better at least.  With my second hand but proper little compressor my airbrush has taken on a new life.  A little preview of what is coming up.  It's green, it has a white star and tracks - then it's a lot of fun to build!

- Madame, pouvez-vous m'indiquer le chemin vers Paris

- Mais Monsieur il y a un panneau!

0XipIBB.jpg

0PQudrz.jpg

• Like 4

clive, cheers,

I thought it would be more interesting if I did a sneak peak.  I have been using a bit of oils to finish off some kits, but it takes soooooo long to dry that I get impatient and want to start new builds.  The Matchbox kits go together fairly quickly but take a lifetime to paint: the dio, the kit and the little man.

I put two washes over the Chaffee and think that it will bring the colour up to something more realistic, will post some more when I get the pictures to come out of my camera and onto the Mac - haha.

I bought this and I made a little paint bottle stand out of milk carton bottoms, long toothpick sticks and camo paper printed out - one day I would like to buy the bona fide Tamiya paint jar stand, but not yet anyhow

OheIanW.jpg

fyO9I62.jpg

• Like 2

I take the opportunity again to say a big thank you to all the forum contributors, so much encouragement, ideas, talent - fabulous builds and photographs.  It certainly makes the modelling a whole lot more fun!  I have been trying a bit harder lately and see how many amazing products are out there. 

Then learning to use them is another story.   On with the M24.  I've got a split in my bottom.

8iEVPN1.jpg

rS6TypH.jpg

Mr Surfacer 500 and Vallejo putty.  Vallejo putty is really cool as you can 'wipe' it with a wet brush as it dries. The hull assembly went together well but needed some help to stay put

8iXElle.jpg

Ji2YwaJ.jpg

yJouHha.jpg

• Like 1

Now, where were we.  Everything went together very nicely.  I really like these little kits.  And am realising more and more there are many ways to spice them up a little if you are willing to make a small effort

ZZCZe6h.jpg

2Uukcec.jpg

IcqJnU1.jpg

DnhS6KA.jpg

TU9BNWA.jpg

Need to get some more pics UP and will probably have 2 more builds on the way soon and then a break.  I learned a lot from this kit.  Got a little bit of mud done and realised that I needed to understand tracks better.  And finally I understood about thinnign the Vallejo paints - once thinned for brushing they are unbelievably versatile.  Till next time.

Hey there good people.  I am having some bad hayfever and a little more sleep would help.  I have not yet learned to take lovely pictures like many of the other posters.  I have one other build to post up and then I will be moving into some new (for me anyway) figures for a bit, before coming back to more 1:72.

I'll try to put up main shots of the build.  I was very happy with the sandbags.  Had fun trying to hand paint then use a stencil for the decals but it wasn't good, so I put the decals on, or at least most of them.  The hull and turret are in a satin varnish the skirts I left in matt to create a bit of contrast.  It was an idea and I guess I still like experimenting.

B6xRQaw.jpg

YMPUbWw.jpg

8hJxXTV.jpg

WTRqryZ.jpg

xepko6T.jpg

O2AhqmY.jpg