"In the year I was born" GB Chat

I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that the airlines were saving money by not refreshing the air in the cabin as often, and that meant that the same old air went round and round, complete with any germs it might have picked up from the passengers. It was claimed that there was a noticeable increase in illnesses such as chest infections, flu and the like starting a few days after getting off a plane.

Hope you feel better soon mate.

Pete

• Thanks 1

Another great group build Dave @Rabbit Leader, one that I have thoroughly enjoyed, even though my input has been quite mediocre. Thanks to all for your support along the way and to @Enzo Matrix for setting things up, and finally a special thankyou to @PeterB for his help in confirming the Hunter F.6 first flight date. 

Cheers until the next time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to Rabbit Leader and all the the participants in this most enjoyable group build. It encouraged me to pull some stuff I had and get on building. Enthused me enough th I put my name down for two group builds next year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now that this GB has concluded, I just thought I'd send one final round of thanks to each and everyone of you for your participation within this GB.

The aim was was to celebrate something in model form that traces a link to the year of our birth and I'm happy to say I'm very impressed by the subjects chosen and the excellent and diverse collection of models on display.  Now that December is fast approaching, we will soon be celebrating Christmas with our friends and loving family.  I'm guessing I'm not the only one that still gets excited by unwrapping boxes of rattling plastic bits, so hopefully that kit you've always wanted and hinted about will finally be delivered.

There's every chance I'll bump into some of you during the various 2020 BM GB's, so until then, take care, be happy and do as much plastic model bashing as you can get away with! 

Cheers and regards.. Dave 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

8 hours ago, Dansk said:

When can we vote for our favourite?

Thanks for the reminder... apologies, I've forgot about all that! 

I've put together a quick poll of the 32 completed GB entries within the Gallery pages. This is the first time I've set one up, so hopefully I have done this correctly. 

Please choose your three favourite builds and let's see who's GB entries takes the top prize. 

The Poll is open for just over two weeks and expires at 10:00 (GMT) on Friday 20 December. 

Cheers, thanks and good luck.. Dave  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I've put together a quick poll of the 32 completed GB entries within the Gallery pages. This is the first time I've set one up, so hopefully I have done this correctly. 

Please choose your three favourite builds and let's see who's GB entries takes the top prize. 

The Poll is open for just over two weeks and expires at 10:00 (GMT) on Friday 20 December. 

No worries, Thanks a lot Dave!

13 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I only count 30 build options to vote. My Egg71 is missing from the list.

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I only count 30 build options to vote. My Egg71 is missing from the list.

Sorry H, I had all sorts of issues setting up my first poll. I’ll amend this later today. 
Cheers and thanks for the find.. Dave 

21 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Sorry H, I had all sorts of issues setting up my first poll. I’ll amend this later today. 

Cheers and thanks for the find.. Dave 

No worries dude. 

Just a wee bump to advise that the ‘In the year I was born’ GB poll is open for voting until 10:00 this Friday. So far we have two entries tied on 7 votes each and a few not that far behind. Voting is open to anyone, not just GB participants so please take a look on here and vote for your favourite three builds.

Cheers and  thanks for looking.. Dave