RAM Models F4 decals

melvyn hiscock

I hope not, but I don't quite understand what is happening with RAM.   I had heard that they had possibly stopped trading, yet their site is up and running and shows decals available and able to 'add to cart'.

I was thinking of making a purchase myself but have held off.

Be a shame if they have gone because their British Phantom decals look nice.  Does anyone here have any and pass comment on quality and availability?

1 hour ago, melvyn hiscock said:

Hi, I ordered a set of these weeks ago and have not seen them, I have tried emailling and calling and no answer. Have I wasted my money?

Melvyn Hiscock

Sadly you probably have. 

51 minutes ago, 71chally said:

I hope not, but I don't quite understand what is happening with RAM.   I had heard that they had possibly stopped trading, yet their site is up and running and shows decals available and able to 'add to cart'.

I was thinking of making a purchase myself but have held off.

Be a shame if they have gone because their British Phantom decals look nice.  Does anyone here have any and pass comment on quality and availability?

Wise choice to hold off, downright bloody cheeky that the website is still up and active and folk can still be parted with their hard earned with very little to no chance of receiving anything in return! Which is a shame, as the decals are rather good. I was lucky enough to order mine not long after they were released and years before the current issues with RAM cropped up. If you can find a set second hand, snap them up. Just don't buy from RAM's own website!

Mark.

• Like 2

Does anyone know where they are based in order that local trading standards my be contacted?

I see they dont have their address on the webiste, this is only available if you contact them. I thought under the distance selling regulations this had to be on the site?

Julien

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 1:31 PM, melvyn hiscock said:

Thanks all, I have started a Paypal dispute but I am very annoyed he is advertising still and not sending stuff out.

If anyone has the '153's from XT868 I can cobble the rest together.

Same thing happened to me. Ordered the British Phantoms decals and payed using PayPal. Got my money back no problem. Nobody seems to have been able to get in contact with the gentleman for many months.

On 19/2/2018 at 9:26 PM, 71chally said:

Paypal should protect you in this case, they are good with this.

Paypal certainly protects you buyers in any case, we sellers are always punished even when we are right.

I hope everything is okay.

I have had 2 sets of the Early British Phantom's in 1/48 ages ago and would be sad to think that source had dried up...

Given the customer service I received previously I would not imagine that going off the radar' is something that would happen maliciously.  

:-(

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I ordered the two 1/72 sheets last October and they were posted about a week after the order was placed. It took me a very long time to decide whether to go for it but using Paypal at least meant that the risk was minimised. I'd like the equivalent 1/48 sheets but probably won't push my luck just yet unless I can find them from another source. It's a shame as they're very nice sheets and cover some interesting subjects (although a few have already appeared on the new Xtradecal sheets). I guess that in time more of them will eventually be covered by other manufacturers. Sheet 72-002 was printed by Fantasy Printshop and I suspect the first was too so there should be no issues with applying them.

Melvyn, you should be able to get the '53' and '153' codes from Xtradecal X72129 (https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X72129). Alternatively, they're also on Modeldecal set 002 https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MD002 .

Hope it all gets sorted out for you.

Jonathan

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

A (continued) word of warning here too, and I wish I read this thread beforehand!!!!! I ordered the Vintage Pair decal set early October, my PayPal money was taken and I had an order confirmation email from a Martin Garrett of RAM. To date (2 months later) I have not received the decals and despite several chasing emails I have had no response. I have now started a PayPal dispute procedure.

Edited by Agent K

On 12/5/2018 at 5:40 AM, Agent K said:

A (continued) word of warning here too, and I wish I read this thread beforehand!!!!! I ordered the Vintage Pair decal set early October, my PayPal money was taken and I had an order confirmation email from a Martin Garrett of RAM. To date (2 months later) I have not received the decals and despite several chasing emails I have had no response. I have now started a PayPal dispute procedure.

I had to do the same thing. I tried everything I could to get a hold of him. Even had someone on another forum that knew him try to get in touch with him with no success. Its a real shame as I really wanted one of his decal sets. I seems no one knows what has happened. I wish he would just take his web site down and save people a lot of hassle.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...

Morning folks,

Very strangely, and totally out of the blue I received an envelope this morning containing a hand written letter from Martin Garrett apologising for the delay in sending decals I had ordered a long while back, and that this had been due to ongoing family health issues. The letter was very polite and sincere, and the decals were included.

Eng

• Like 3

On 6/12/2019 at 6:21 AM, eng said:

Morning folks,

Very strangely, and totally out of the blue I received an envelope this morning containing a hand written letter from Martin Garrett apologising for the delay in sending decals I had ordered a long while back, and that this had been due to ongoing family health issues. The letter was very polite and sincere, and the decals were included.

Eng

Did he mention anything about restarting his business? His website has been down for a while now (or has he a new one somewhere?). I went through the same problems noted in this thread. Fortunately, got my money back via PayPal. A shame as I really wanted some of his decals sets.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:21 PM, eng said:

Morning folks,

Eng

I got the same with my Nimrod decals - I’m guessing the content of your letter was broadly similar to mine. Nothing in mine about continuation of the business although to receive the decals 11 months after I ordered them was a very nice surprise.

Cheers,

WV908