Moebius 1/32 Colonial Viper Mk.ii

This was a curious kit, very thickly molded parts and a few spots fit very strangely with big gaps or simplified detail . The cockpit was good and I really liked the resin pilot provided. I tried to weather it like Starbuck's battle weary warplane.

IMG_5310

IMG_5312

IMG_5313

IMG_5314

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Great build!

I still have one in the stash to build.....thinking of an alternative paint scheme to the Colonial Viper white scheme......

Thanks Mikey, a sea grey and green camo viper? PC10 and clear-doped linen? So many options.

I'm tempted to get their Mk.1 kit to build one from the original series.

I was thinking of a possible RAF paint scheme.....but I was also thinking of either the scheme for the Thunderbirds or Blue angels display team?

Or......a possible Russian influenced splinter cammo scheme perhaps?

As you say...soooo many options :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nicely done! I love the impact marks and carbon scoring on the port wing. Realistic chipping on the red stripes as well. Very jealous... I’ve been trying to get my hands on one of these for a few weeks now but begrudge the extortionate prices that they’re going for on auction sites. Amazon have some but they want £13 for delivery... Hijacking this thread I know but does anyone know where I can grab one at a reasonable price? Cheers!

Thanks!

I got this kit years ago at a hobby shop, it's a pity that Moebius doesn't do another production run.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Victory-is-in-the-Kitchen said:

Nicely done! I love the impact marks and carbon scoring on the port wing. Realistic chipping on the red stripes as well. Very jealous... I’ve been trying to get my hands on one of these for a few weeks now but begrudge the extortionate prices that they’re going for on auction sites. Amazon have some but they want £13 for delivery... Hijacking this thread I know but does anyone know where I can grab one at a reasonable price? Cheers!

You tried the Revell version? Hobbycraft had then for reasonable prices

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, The Chief Smeg said:

You tried the Revell version? Hobbycraft had then for reasonable prices

I’d actually prefer the Revell version after what I’ve read. Amazon have the Revell for £35 plus £13 postage... tempted. I’ve checked Hobbycraft; nothing online, guess I’d have to check in store in the off chance.

• Like 1

Caved and bought the Revell kit from Amazon with the £13 postage :worry:

Also... bought the Green Strawberry PE set ready for improvements and lighting. I'm such a sucker for this!

BUT

I managed to get a bargain on the Revell BSG model from eBay at £20 :) 

Edited by Victory-is-in-the-Kitchen

I have a Mkii in the stash and I’m toying with the idea of the green strawberry PE for it. Warren at tyridium models does a lighting kit for this too and I have an imperial probe droid in order with him so I think I’ll get him to send me the lighting kit too. I’m going to be watching your build thread with interest

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2018 at 10:51 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

I have a Mkii in the stash and I’m toying with the idea of the green strawberry PE for it. Warren at tyridium models does a lighting kit for this too and I have an imperial probe droid in order with him so I think I’ll get him to send me the lighting kit too. I’m going to be watching your build thread with interest

I've received the GS stuff and I have to say it's pretty darn good. The printing on the clear plastic is very fine and surpassed my expectation. Just ordered a tonne of electrical components and I'm now waiting patiently for the stuff to arrive so I can get building and lighting! Can't wait :christmas:

• Like 2