Sanger 1/48 Stirling Mk.I BF372 - Ron Middleton VC - Finished at last!

woody37

That's magnificent Neil. Your painstaking work on the cockpit and canopy is absolutely stunning. I've been searching for a few other superlatives for this build, so here's a few to be going on with:

"excellent, magnificent, wonderful, glorious, marvellous, brilliant, supreme, consummate, outstanding, prodigious, dazzling, remarkable, formidable, fine, choice, sterling, first-rate, first-class, of the first order, of the highest order, premier".

It does deserve a lot more. 

Edited by cngaero
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That has to be the best canopy for showing off interior detail I think I've ever seen!

Truly excellent work all round Neil & I can't believe how quickly you've managed to bring it all together and at such a fantastically high standard! :thumbsup:

Keith

Thanks Keith, it is a rather large greenhouse. I’m looking forwards to getting it done now, sick of looking at it!

6 hours ago, cngaero said:

That's magnificent Neil. Your painstaking work on the cockpit and canopy is absolutely stunning. I've been searching for a few other superlatives for this build, so here's a few to be going on with:

"excellent, magnificent, wonderful, glorious, marvellous, brilliant, supreme, consummate, outstanding, prodigious, dazzling, remarkable, formidable, fine, choice, sterling, first-rate, first-class, of the first order, of the highest order, premier".

It does deserve a lot more. 

Ha ha! I hope it looks as good in the flesh as in the picture though you get to see all the warts too!

cheers

neil 

That is stunningly good.

Knowing what these kits are like, you've worked miracles. Weathering is spot on too - not too 'in your face' but effective enough to show some wear and tear. Brilliant all round!

Will hopefully catch you at some point this weekend.

Tom

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomprobert said:

That is stunningly good.

Knowing what these kits are like, you've worked miracles. Weathering is spot on too - not too 'in your face' but effective enough to show some wear and tear. Brilliant all round!

Will hopefully catch you at some point this weekend.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I’ve some way to go before I’ll be a vac master like yourself. I feel like I’ve bullied this one into shape by brute force where as you seem to have a finesse in your approach. Be good to catch up mate, it’s been a while :)

Thanks guys, I was working on it until 10pm Friday night, it was great not having to work on it over the weekend. I got an FM Halifax from Colin,  @crobinsonh to which I’m hugely greatful for whilst there and I think it’s going to end up on the bench next...so much for an OOB build 😂 

• Like 1

So, Neil, did or din't the Sterling get to SMW? I've loved your build thread as always, because there is always something to learn from your build process. The Halifax, build I will follow with the same enthusiasm.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Colin

48 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

So, Neil, did or din't the Sterling get to SMW? I've loved your build thread as always, because there is always something to learn from your build process. The Halifax, build I will follow with the same enthusiasm.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Colin

Hi Colin,

yes it did minus undercarriage, bomb bay doors and various sticky out things. A whole weekend without working on it was great!

39 minutes ago, Mancunian airman said:

Any photo(s) of this girl with her sisters on the table please ??

Doh, I never thought to take any unless someone else has taken any. I missed @Radleigh on Sunday but belive he was there, wonder if he had his camera? If so Radders, did you get any shots?

1 hour ago, kev67 said:

Neil, it was nice to meet you again, the Stirling is even better in the flesh than the photos show

You too Kev,  and it was great to see the VC10 up close and personal, one of my favourite builds of the show. 

Just st need to get the Stirling finished now.....it’s still sat in the box currently, I’m enjoying a week off 😂

cheers

@woody37 - Neil good to catch up on the Saturday, shame I could only be there 40-50 minutes... but that's life. I was there Sunday most of the day, left around 1500.. I came over to the BC table twice and no one was about so I just grabbed the one photo of the Manchester and Stirling. Are you doing Bolton? Be good to see both again and have a proper look and photo them! 

From what I saw, they are absolutely stunning. Hats off to you! 

img_6935.jpg

img_6934.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2