Lancaster B MK.I - Airfix (new tool)

hadzi

• 3 weeks later...

It’s a function of airflow.  The outboard exhaust, in relation to the wing leading edge, is lower, so more of the exhaust plume goes under the wing,  The restored Lancs are running on 100LL fuel which leaves much more of a light grey trail on the wing surfaces than the 100/130 fuel or even 80/87 of wartime fuel.  Mixture control and engine condition also played a part.  If you look at Lanc photos taken during raids in daylight, you are likely to see many variations of exhaust streaking.  Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, bbudde said:

That's really state of art.  Wirklich, wenn ich das sagen darf! Grüße aus Deutschland. Cheers Benedikt

Danke sehr, doch wie es so im Leben ist, am Ende ist man immer noch unzufrieden mit dem Ergebniss.

Grüße aus Polen.

• Like 1

Not bad

What that on the top of the fuselage near the rear turret ?

With that many Ops I think I would have tended to go with the darker stains above the wings.

Purely from my eye, the yellow bomb symbols on the RH side are right on the nose/fuselage joint position . . . .

Overall a great looking kite and a nice one for anybodys collection

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, hadzi said:

am Ende ist man immer noch unzufrieden mit dem Ergebniss.

Ja, nur weil man weiss, wo die Fehler waren/gemacht worden sind. Sieht super aus.  Grüße zurück aus Deutschland.

• Like 1