This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Endeavor

MFH Alfa Romeo 159M

On 4/24/2018 at 10:03 PM, JeroenS said:

Niiice! The leather seat must be a challenge. Maybe you need a little larger piece on top, so you can fold/roll the edges in over itself, to go over the seam. 

Excellent idea.  If my current plan fails, and I have to begin again, I'll try it.

7 hours ago, Endeavor said:

Excellent idea.  If my current plan fails, and I have to begin again, I'll try it.

Credit goes to @Spiny and @s.e.charles for introducing me to the terms "beading" and "piping" in my VW Samba's WIP!

11 hours ago, PROPELLER said:

Good news Endeavor, thanks!

The opposite would be really a pity...

Dan.

Here are a few photographs of the louvers.  I'm pushing the limits of my camera and ability.

The louvers will require only a very small bit of work.  The quality of all of the resin parts is outstanding.

Below is the top of the bonnet.

DSCN2581_3.jpg

The underside of the bonnet

DSCN2593.jpg

The underside with some back lighting

DSCN2579.jpg

The bonnet on the model

DSCN2585.jpg

The lower louvered panel loosely positioned 

DSCN2597.jpg

From the side

DSCN2600.jpg

Below is the inside of the lower panel.  It has louvers both on the side of the body and, on the right side of the photograph, under the engine.

DSCN2602.jpg

Edited by Endeavor

This proves you get what you pay for in a MFH kit. To a great extent that was true for Pocher classics too. Given they were done with the technology of 40 years ago.

Here is the display case.  It is made of 3/16" (4.8mm) acrylic sheet.  It provides excellent protection without drawing attention away from the model.

DSCN2614.jpg

Below is the adhesive solvent and needle applicator.  

The edges of the acrylic were finished with a router.  This leaves tiny, almost invisible, grooves perpendicular to the plane of the acrylic sheet so the solvent will flow evenly throughout the joint.  You place the two sheets in position and, squeezing the applicator very gently, draw the needle along the outside edge of the joint.  The solvent flows into the joint and forms an almost instant bond.  If done correctly, the result is a bond with a mirror-like finish. 

DSCN2623.jpg

Edited by Endeavor

Just come across this thread.  Truly inspiring work.  Particularly the trick with the foil.  I have the kit in my stash, and am really enjoying your dairy.