Airfix 1/72 Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.1, Harrier Conversion Unit, Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey, UK, 1969

Icarus

• 1 month later...

Good morning everyone.

Been away in the Land of the Rising Sun for a while on business, so I've been away from this model for a while.  Had some time this weekend (with the God Awful jet lag) so there's some progress.  I have "dressed" the pilot based on my old RAF flying kit and bone dome.  I didn't fly the Harrier, but it's close. 

Strangely, I don't seem to be able to attach Photobucket images (unlike previous times)  - any ideas why??...

Icarus

Edited by Icarus
Error

Photobucket recently decided to hold all its users to ransom and demand they pay for a premium account in order to share their photos with the world :( The predictable result has been most users changing to other hosting providers who offer free or significantly less expensive storage and sharing options.

Ok - thanks for the heads up Col. - I have now joined another photosharing website - still learning.

Anyway, as I was saying, work has caused a bit of a hiatus but the jet lag has meant I have got going on this now:

Painted Pilot (trying to represent my old flying outfilt...)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2NPeOAzg1VZ9FEx73

I was going to go for a resin jumpseat, but in the end have decided to build this one out of the box.

Fuselage with clever intake build

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zrdkWBdKRwv8oA3A3

Fuselage construction

FVrgPv7nhDSGqRBv8j9SswtbUwLsBteO5icef-e3

State of play today

6rO6wtm5ZMMXeM4Z-EkrqU6cabV2klp2V_DmXTyc

To ease the painting, the wings are just clipped in place and I have temporarily attached the fin with white glue (makes painting the tail plane much easier).  I am enjoying building this, but it isn't quite the quantum leap in Airfix kit engineering that I had perhaps thought these new kits were meant to be. 

I will try and attach the cockpit transparencies and mask tonight, ready for priming (we'll see if I have managed to sand down all of those blinkin' gluing seams).

Icarus

Edited by Icarus
Image issues
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...