1/72 Valom - North American B-45A

VG 33

Hello

Here is my most recent build with this 1/72 North American B-45A from Valom. This aircraft was from the 86th Bomb Squadron / 47th Bombardment Wing in 1954 at Sculthorpe RAF Station. The transfers came from a Caracal Models sheet and were very satisfactory.

This kit is not for beginners and honestly one is enough. In the end the product is correct and will be published next month in the French magazine "Avion de combat".

Patrick

m_521812901_0.jpg

m_521812902_0.jpg

m_521812903_0.jpg

m_521812904_0.jpg

Edited by VG 33
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 1

Hello Patrick,

very nice job ! 

how would you rate the Valom kit beside the Mach 2 one ?? Better? or worst ?

Whatever, I will look for the Caracal decal sheet, thank for the tip !

sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, goggsy said:

Great job, you’ve certainly thrashed it into shape. What are the main pitfalls would you say?

Thank you.

I can say 

Plus : finely engraved panel lines, good level of details in the cockpit with nice metal sheet, transparencies are very clear and easy to mask with tape, nice opportunity to make a neglected aircraft of the Cold War era.

Minus : very thick trailling edges, bent fin so I had to insert at its base 1mm plastic card on one side, same insert for one wing to get something symetrical, the upper canopy does not join the fuselage shape, I had to transform the rear part to get something close to the real turret but I did not find a good picture of it.

So this is definetly not a kit for beginners but for enthusiasts. Even if this build will be published in a magazine I did buy the kit in Modelbrno last year.

Actually this is modelling and my next project will be easier. :D

Patrick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Patrick,

very nice job ! 

how would you rate the Valom kit beside the Mach 2 one ?? Better? or worst ?

Whatever, I will look for the Caracal decal sheet, thank for the tip !

sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thank you.

I cannot compare because I have'nt even seen the Mach 2 kit.

Valom kits are iregular in quality. I built Devastator, Hampden, RF-101C and Brigand. The best one was the Brigand.

Patrick

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CaracalModels said:

Very nice - thanks for sharing your excellent work. My initial impression of the kit was pretty good, but I have not built it. I hope you liked the decals and found them easy to use.

Hi

The decals were easy to put on especially on Alclad paint. I had just one surprise with the starboard fuselage star which had a bad reaction with Micro Sol.

Patrick