Eduard's Bf110E (Profipack)

So I had originally entered the Academy A-10 (Iraqi Freedom) kit in to this GB but unfortunately this has suffered from irreparable damage caused by me stupidly knocking it flying off the bench.  After a fair amount of expletives and raised blood pressure, I have since gathered my composure and being the bigger man that I am have decided to continue with the GB but only this time with the following kit:

DSC00260

This is a superb looking kit with some excellent detailing - particularly for the cockpit.  It comes with a variety of options for paint schemes and I am drawn to 2 at the moment - either the one on the front of the box or this one:

S9+NN, 5./ZG “Wespen”, Lt. Herbert Kutscha, Russia, 1942

As always - your assistance and feedback on helping me choose the scheme would be much appreciated.

So in the meantime I've made a start on putting the cockpit together in its basic form with a bit of detail painting in readiness for the washes and PE to go in next.  So this is how things stand at the moment:

DSC00263

DSC00265

I've follwed this up by getting the RLM02 base coat on the fuselage and undercarriage section on the wings:

DSC00266

DSC00267

So more progress to follow soon - hopefully this time I'll be able to make sure that it stays firmly on the bench!!!

• Like 7

So, I've been busy detailing the cockpit and getting this all finished off.  I've then been able to get the fuselage closed up and managed to get the fuselage and wings together as well as the engines onto the wings.  I think it's well documented that there are some slight issues with the fit of the nacelles but this will be easy rectified with a bit of filler.  Here's where I am at the moment:

DSC00283

DSC00297

DSC00303

DSC00300

DSC00306

DSC00308

DSC00309

DSC00310

DSC00312

DSC00314

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2018 at 8:14 AM, Black Knight said:

How are you getting on with this?

We're not far off the half-way point in the GB

Hey Black Knight,

The build is progressing nicely and I'm due to post some more pics shortly.

Thanks

Kris

• 1 month later...

Ok folks I'm back with an update on the 110.  Been really busy lately so have not had as much time at the bench as I would have liked - especially when I've got 4 GB's on the go at the same time :banghead:

So I've manged to get her into the paint shop and have added some items such as the undercarriage, and then the bombs in preparation for a gloss coat for decals.  Once she's been glossed and decals added, I'll be able to get the weathering and panel lining done and the canopy uncovered for the home stretch.

So here's where I am at the moment:

DSC00353

DSC00354

DSC00355

DSC00356

DSC00357

I'm working on getting her finished as we speak so hopefully the next set of pics I'll be uploading will be for the gallery.

Happy modelling folks and hope to update you soon

Kris

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've managed to get her completed (phew) - close to the wire!!!  I've uploaded the 5 pics into the gallery but I've got some more to share with you here also.  I've really enjoyed this kit and apart from a couple of bits of filling and sanding I've had no problems at all.

Here goes:

DSC00358

DSC00359

DSC00360

DSC00361

DSC00362

DSC00363

DSC00367

DSC00368

DSC00369

DSC00372

DSC00374