26decals review?

armored76

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has used 26decals decals and would care to share a word about the ordering process and quality of the products?

Many thanks in advance!

Cristian

PS: Ray at 26decals sure answers questions very fast! :) 

Edited by armored76

I've lost count of the number of times I've used 26 Decals.  The product is excellent and Ray's customer service is among the best in the business.  This is one of my 26 models and you can see what happened when I told Ray about an error in the decals which I had picked up.

You need to be aware that 26 produce both laser and silk-screened decals.  Silk-screened decals are just like normal kit decals but if you've never used laser decals they are translucent and must be applied over a white background which can sometimes require some careful paint masking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the details, Dave! Looks like a worthy investment.

When you say screen printed items are like normal kit decals, it means the carrier film is not contiguoust? While laser printed  decals are on a one-piece carrier film and need to be cut out carefully? Am I getting this right?

Thanks again!

PS: Beautiful builds, by the way! :thumbsup2:

4 hours ago, armored76 said:

Thanks for the details, Dave! Looks like a worthy investment.

When you say screen printed items are like normal kit decals, it means the carrier film is not contiguoust? While laser printed  decals are on a one-piece carrier film and need to be cut out carefully? Am I getting this right?

Thanks again!

PS: Beautiful builds, by the way! :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the compliment!

Laser decals are always on a one-piece carrier and need to be cut individually.  Silk-screened decals usually have individual carrier film.  However the main difference between screen printed and laser decals is that screen printed decals are normally opaque (at least within limits) but laser decals are translucent so they have to be applied over a white background and cannot be used across a colour demarcation.  If you take my DC-6B as an example, I had to mask the division between the white and the natural metal so that the laser-printed cheatline fitted exactly on to the white. 

Hope that makes sense!

• Thanks 1

Ordered two sets of decals over Christmas / New Year.  Delivery took a few days but what do you expect at that time of year.  Not applied them yet but they seem like excellent quality.

Will be ordering from them again.

• Thanks 1

Ray is a member here and I’ve always had good service, comes highly recommended. The laser decals are somewhat transparent in my experience by the nature of such print types so better for going over light schemes but the silk screen decals are superb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1