1/72nd Airfix/Alley Cat Basler BT-67 Turbo-Dakota

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic model, as always from your production!

What puts me bit off from this kit (this is on manufacturers side) is again these days modern engraved pales lines on each kit, but the real Dakota has no gaps between panels (except flaps). But this is only my opinion and your coversion to turbo version is excellent.

• Like 1

Thanks Martin, that's a valid point. I'm no lover of engraved panel lines either, though some manufacturers do manage to make them appear quite subtle. While I would usually fill, sand and, if necessary re-scribe to add a bit of relief detail, in this case the editor of AMW was keen to show what comes in the box, ditto any conversion parts. Funnily enough, I'm also building an Airfix/AIM Valiant B2 for our SIG at the moment and ended up filling just about every panel trench, leaving only a slight indentation to add detail interest to the finished model, as it's glossy black to avoid the dreaded toy-like look. Where possible I prefer to use colour modulation to depict different panel tones and the effects of any weathering/discolouration, personally, I think it just looks more realistic. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Smashing job on that BT-67, your Generalship! I have the Colombian gunship version I'm currently wrestling with. I have also thought about doing the Mauritanian version (love the paint scheme!) - you may have just ever so slightly pushed me irrevocably in that direction, so in other words it's all your fault! Of course I still have to finish the gunship version first, and as I believe many of you by now know, entire civilisations rise and fall in the time it takes me to complete a single model.

As always I remain your most devoted servant,

Jason A/K/A 'The Marshal' 

• Like 1

Thanks chaps,

The Colombian version is rather tasty as is the SAAF 'Dakleton',  I look forward to seeing yours finished Georgi...no matter which century or civilization is current!

you may have just ever so slightly pushed me irrevocably in that direction, so in other words it's all your fault!

As I keep telling young Darling, as he peddles me furiously uphill in the regimental rickshaw, it's all about the 'big push'.......happy to take full responsibility Marshal, just forward any complaints you may have to Fieldmarshal Haig's pet Dachshund, Keith, he instinctively knows how to deal with them...

• Like 1

Oh dear, not Keith again. I still have the bite marks from my last encounter with that wretched cur on my best pair of regimental trousers. Sir Doug still hasn't reimbursed me for them; I suppose that's 4 guineas I'll never see.

Yours, etc.

The Marshal

• Like 1

• 1 year later...