1-1 Scale Facehugger and Chestburster

After my Frankenstein based detour I'm back on familiar ground :)

Dating from 1991 this is an original Halcyon Face-hugger undergoing a restoration due to less than stellar paint job(by me) and general "sagginess" and wear and tear.

The original box art(Which I no longer have)

zOQMXw.jpg

Dissection

hpKpMU.jpg

Crude,but effective wire armature added to tail and fingers.

jseD2F.jpg

0cvf03.jpg

Trying to run away!

Z1YKqY.jpg

Bits of the chestburster in the background.

• Like 9

yep, as someone who has a fear of arachnids,that's the daddy. My stepson once made the kit for friend who put it on display in his movie memorabilia encrusted barbers  shop in Benfleet. The kit as I seen to remember other than really being realistic did have a very anatomical belly.

Are you going for the chest buster next? I've never seen the kit completed.

• Carts changed the title to 1-1 Scale Facehugger and Chestburster
13 hours ago, RACETRACK said:

yep, as someone who has a fear of arachnids,that's the daddy. My stepson once made the kit for friend who put it on display in his movie memorabilia encrusted barbers  shop in Benfleet. The kit as I seen to remember other than really being realistic did have a very anatomical belly.

Are you going for the chest buster next? I've never seen the kit completed.

Yep,The belly section is definitely NSW

I have altered the topic slightly as the chest-burster colours are so similar to the face-hugger I may as well build both at once.

3 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Wow thats massive and already looking damn creepy Andy! Great job with the beefy support structure

Thanks H R ,its looks better being able to stand on its fingers then just sort of laying splayed out like extra-terrestrial road kill :)

Progress on "Old Chesty"

owahh2.jpg

LjfnNe.jpg

• Like 4

A small update

Original box for the Chestburster,This is the "Aliens" chestburster with  small arms rather than the "flippers" of the original

IKkkCY.jpg

I've attempted to curve the tail by making small incisions in the tail and packing the gap with scrap vinyl.

6C0mDU.jpg

Look who's turned up,Why its "old faithful" the Dog burster from Alien 3

pkMqzv.jpg

And the Facehugger makes an appearance 

Co5zlm.jpg

I see a lot of flesh tones and gore in my future! :)

• Like 11

:cwl: They look like they're performing some kind of nightmarish karaoke in that last pic! :headphones:

The knuckle detail on the facehugger is exceptional - I've seen them on eBay and often wondered about the quality.  Now I know :)

• Haha 2

For my sins I have a recast facehugger kit and the detail is very nice.

Great start so far, looking forward to seeing your painting techniques as that is what is putting me off starting mine.

As for the Chestbuster, I've often thought of getting one and replicating the John Hurt scene with a white t-shirt and wearing it at Sci-Fi conventions!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks All,admittedly none of the above will be winning any beauty contests anytime soon,the last of the 1-1 scale creatures I have in a half finished state is the "Queen Alien Chestburster" Which only appears towards the end of the theatrical cut of Alien 3,and then we only get a brief glimpse.

1RpmBR.jpg

There are also some accuracy issues around the dog burster alien,as apparently Halcyon were given access to the creature design when it was to exit through an Ox(as seen in the assembly cut) but re-shot and changed to a dog for the theatrical release,Still if I slaver it in enough viscera we should be ok. :)

11 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

I love all the old, Halcyon Alien kits.... Just wish I could afford them!

Ditto, but I also wish I had ther skills to build them well to do them justice - especially the Dropship :shrug:

On 2/23/2018 at 2:33 PM, spruecutter96 said:

I love all the old, Halcyon Alien kits.... Just wish I could afford them!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris. 

Some of them do go for really silly money,especially the Drop-ship,Luckily I bought mine back in the day from a model shop in Wigan for £19.99,but a boxed chest-burster went on E-Bay the other day for £35.00

On 2/23/2018 at 2:46 PM, Mike said:

Ditto, but I also wish I had ther skills to build them well to do them justice - especially the Dropship :shrug:

Its a bit of a pig of a kit,but looking at your other builds I reckon you'd "knock it out of the park " :)

8 hours ago, RACETRACK said:

'Just remembered! I've the Narcissus in my stash. Maybe one day...

Build it now! ;)

Been slinging some paint about today.

sGbx4x.jpg

MrUSQR.jpg

• Like 8

Nearly finished the chest burster,need to cobble a base together for it,I wasn't sure whether I should "Bloody" it up,but then I thought,The clues in the name,So one strangely rewarding splatter session later.

xzOCzS.jpg

• Like 9

AWESOME OR WHAT...... Great to see these old latex classics brought back to life. I had them all and built them all a very long time ago but nowhere near to these standards.

Blood, slime, razor sharp teeth... you can really hear it all here..

fantastic

• Like 1

Been working on the base for the Chest-Burster,its a bit of wood with some bits from a collapsible  plastic crate and strips of plastic card .

CmT7Yz.jpg

Bit of paint

gRsiep.jpg

That awkward moment when your hobby turns against you 

HBS0dt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1